Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers > Canada Jobs
Reload this Page >

Carpenter required, MB

Carpenter required, MB

Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Carpenter required, MB

...and looking for a change of scenery:

Our local construction guy (Rossburn, Manitoba) is desperately looking for an experienced carpenter to start as soon as possible. Possibility to move up as foreman. Full time permanent job.
If interested, let me know, I provide you with name and phone number (he is not the email kinda guy...)

Ilse
Old Nov 20th 2012, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

shortone2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Carpenter required, MB

hi,i am coming over in march2013, and looking for 6 months work i have 30 years experience in carpentry ranging from shuttering,1st fix and 2nd fix i have references available regards tony
Old Nov 21st 2012, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Tony
Timewise it might work. Do you have a work permit though?
Ilse
Old Nov 21st 2012, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

hi,firstly thanks for your response, as this is new to me i will look into the application for a work permit, many thanks tony
Old Nov 21st 2012, 9:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shortone2
hi,firstly thanks for your response, as this is new to me i will look into the application for a work permit, many thanks tony
You need a job offer to get the work permit though. And something called a LMO ('Labour Market Opinion'), which the employer has to apply for to prove that they've advertised the job across Canada and been unable to find a Canadian willing, or able, to do the job.

Once you've got the written job offer and LMO, you can then apply for a Temp Work Permit.

From what Manitobain has said, it sounds like the employer is looking for somebody who is already work authorised for Canada.

Pop over to the Canada forums if you've got any questions about visas etc, maybe see you there.

Old Nov 21st 2012, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

many thanks,looks like i will come over for holiday first and make enquires first,gain contacts then back to the drawing board.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

yes, in this specific case it will be very hard to convince the employer to apply for an LMO.

For sure, come visit and find out if MB is something for you first. There are other possibilities as well, but only if you want to immigrate permanently.
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

hi,thanks for reply, my longterm intentions would be to immigrate a little concerned my age 52 but my skills and experience should count i have never been out of work,just like the sound of canada regards tony
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

ermm....what do you like about the sound of Canada? Have you been here before? It is a pretty big place .