Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

You know you're becoming canadian when you...!

You know you're becoming canadian when you...!

Old Apr 9th 2005, 5:20 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you're becoming canadian when you...!

Originally Posted by Happydayz
oh oh....Ive just read every post to this thread only to learn dispite my living in the uk for the past 23 years I have lost very little of my canadianess!!! so my hubby has just pointed out..... I guess I will slip right back into the lingo eh?
scarey innit? I was just thinking the same - even down to the being here 23 years!
Old Apr 9th 2005, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

Immigrant is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, explain this one to a 4 year old ...

stay on the pavement in UK ... stay OFF the pavement in Canada.

Then there's park on the DRIVEway and drive on the PARKway??? Whaaaaaat?

You know it's too long when ... there's no question about stopping at the upcoming Tim's, the van just takes you there!

Oh, and bad guys vs baddies!

Must be more yet - anyone writing a book?
Rob
Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:06 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

andy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond reputeandy_sheila has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Immigrant
OK, explain this one to a 4 year old ...

You know it's too long when ... there's no question about stopping at the upcoming Tim's, the van just takes you there!

Oh, and bad guys vs baddies!

Must be more yet - anyone writing a book?
Rob
"stay on the pavement in UK ... stay OFF the pavement in Canada"
Is there such a word as "pavement" in Canada?

"Then there's park on the DRIVEway and drive on the PARKway??? Whaaaaaat?"
British kids have never heard of "parkway" driveway is the space where you park your car infront of your house, everyone knows that.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 12:31 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy_sheila
Is there such a word as "pavement" in Canada?
I don't know who is posing the question, the Canadian half of andy_sheila or the British half. I can't speak for the whole of Canada. In Alberta, people use "pavement" to refer to the part of the road that is paved / sealed / tarred.
Old Apr 10th 2005, 6:00 am
Class 1 Driver and Nurse

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
I don't know who is posing the question, the Canadian half of andy_sheila or the British half. I can't speak for the whole of Canada. In Alberta, people use "pavement" to refer to the part of the road that is paved / sealed / tarred.
Thanks Judy, It's Andy the English half. I thought it was just sidewalk and road but now i know better. Thanks again
Old Apr 10th 2005, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Cathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this pointCathairtumbleweeds is an unknown quantity at this point

What a fab thread!!! Thanks!!! It's certainly cheered me up!
Scott and I are stressed at the moment as we're selling now that we received our PP back this week.

... and I can't remember who mentioned "allll righty!!!" ... but I KNOW what you mean. Scott's rellies say it in a total dead pan tone, and I can NEVER tell if they're being sincere or sarcastic.

Here's to a long hot summer in Canada!!!

Cheers folks!

Wendy
Old Apr 11th 2005, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Purple74
What a fab thread!!! Thanks!!! It's certainly cheered me up!
Scott and I are stressed at the moment as we're selling now that we received our PP back this week.

... and I can't remember who mentioned "allll righty!!!" ... but I KNOW what you mean. Scott's rellies say it in a total dead pan tone, and I can NEVER tell if they're being sincere or sarcastic.

Here's to a long hot summer in Canada!!!

Cheers folks!

Wendy
I AM GLAD THE THREAD CHEERED YOU UP AS THERE ARE SO MANY NEGATIVE VIBES OUT THERE.

KEEP IT UP GUYS!

MORE FUNNY STORIES PLEASE!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

..............put pancakes covered in sweet syrup on the same plate as eggs, bacon and sausages!
Old Apr 11th 2005, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

When.....Large Bottoms..don't seem that big any more. ......................Sorry

Last edited by frankieforehead; Apr 11th 2005 at 9:29 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2005, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
When.....Large Bottoms..don't seem that big any more. ......................Sorry
how true this is!
i have one of those!.... And out here it is really fashionable. People are even paying to have them made bigger.
Yippeeeeeeeee!

does my bum look big in this?
oh good! as it saved me alot of money...... HEHE!
Old Apr 14th 2005, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by babyblue
how true this is!
i have one of those!.... And out here it is really fashionable. People are even paying to have them made bigger.
Yippeeeeeeeee!

does my bum look big in this?
oh good! as it saved me alot of money...... HEHE!
LOL
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Snave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to beholdSnave is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by babyblue
Just thought i would start a light hearted thread to have some fun.

I have noticed in the past 18 months i have really adapted to my peers. I find myself saying EH! all the time after every speach or question.
i also find myself saying "your welcome" more and more.

what do you find yourself doing or saying?
In a restaraunt you pay the check with a bill instead of paying the bill with a cheque!
Old Apr 15th 2005, 1:34 pm
OMG - I'm back

nivlad will become famous soon enoughnivlad will become famous soon enough

you laugh out loud to The Red Green Show - duct tape and all

(still hate Canadian Air Farce - sorry)
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nivlad
you laugh out loud to The Red Green Show - duct tape and all

(still hate Canadian Air Farce - sorry)
Where is guelph?
Old Apr 15th 2005, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Linda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond reputeLinda P has a reputation beyond repute

I was asked if I wanted a 'sub'
I then found out that it was something you eat!!!
My 4 year old is already saying ' you guys '
great thread!!!
Linda P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.