Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Would you rather live in the East or the West of Canada?

Would you rather live in the East or the West of Canada?

Old May 7th 2013, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

louisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nice
Default Does anyone wish that they had stayed in the UK and not have gone to Canada

Does anyone wish they had stayed in the UK and not have gone to Canada?

If yes, for what reasons do you wish you had not emigrated?
Old May 7th 2013, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

louisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nicelouisemc is just really nice
Default Would you rather live in the East or the West of Canada?

Would you rather live in the East (Nova Scotia) or the West (BC) of Canada?

Which region would you choose and why?

Thanks!
Old May 7th 2013, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Default Anyone on this forum live in both Switzerland and Canada?

Which country did you prefer? Can you compare the two countries?

Thanks!
Old May 7th 2013, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Would you rather live in the East or the West of Canada?

I can't answer any of your questions, but I would advise you take a holiday out there and stay with your friends (I think I recall you saying you had friends in canada), BUT refrain from doing tourist things. Live, do the weekly shop, drive your friends to work, fill the car with gas. Check the job postings to see what's on offer. Do all the little dull things that you hate but will still have to do to survive.

It won't give you anywhere near a complete picture, but it will at least give you a taste of what it will be like out there.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:08 am
Forum Regular

I will do that. I will go on a holiday this summer and check out both East and West coast. I have ruled out Toronto as I really did not like it there last time I visited.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone wish that they had stayed in the UK and not have gone to Canada

Yes, lots of people do and there have been numerous threads and polls about it in the past so maybe have a hunt for some of them and have a read?

You could also read the Moving Back to the UK forum as there are lots of people in there who are currently in Canada but heading back to the UK, which would give you ideas of why they are returning.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:12 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louisemc
I will do that. I will go on a holiday this summer and check out both East and West coast. I have ruled out Toronto as I really did not like it there last time I visited.
Toronto really isn't East or West.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:17 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone wish that they had stayed in the UK and not have gone to Canada

I would also suggest you put all your questions in one thread instead of 3 separate ones.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi Siouxie, will regroup these into one question. Thanks!
Old May 7th 2013, 9:51 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Siouxie, will regroup these into one question. Thanks!
I can probably merge the 3 threads, if you would like me to.

Old May 7th 2013, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Also, depending on where you short-list, you may want to do the same in winter with 4 foot of snow and -20 degrees. That would give you a real taste of what it's like.... or at least of being marooned inside
Old May 7th 2013, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Yes, would you do that. Thanks!
Old May 7th 2013, 11:11 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scribe123
Also, depending on where you short-list, you may want to do the same in winter with 4 foot of snow and -20 degrees. That would give you a real taste of what it's like.... or at least of being marooned inside
Very true! My husband ( from the West) got quite cross this winter, here in the East, and could be heard muttering darkly that at least he never had to shovel rain in Victoria!
Old May 7th 2013, 11:13 am
Banned

Yes, would you do that. Thanks!
Done
Old May 7th 2013, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Siouxie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.