Work Permit - passport isues

Old Aug 23rd 2017, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Greyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of lightGreyfox is a glorious beacon of light
Default Work Permit - passport isues

So I have a quick question. I'm applying for PR but one of the first things I need to do is apply for a new work permit but I'm running into some issues.

My passport is due to expire in early 2019 and it therefore has more than 6 months but less than 2 years remaining on it and it would impact the length of my work permit.

My question is: is it possible to apply for he work permit using my old passport but apply for a new one before I activate it and have it activated on my new passport or if this is not possible can I have it on my old passport and apply for an extension closer to the expiry time.

On a side note: I'm filling the application in (it's a closed WP) and I've been asked to provide the LIMA number or offer of employment number. As this is a PR application I am LMIA Excempt under CODE T13 but I do. It know what I need to enter in this box, can anyone help?

Thanks