Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Woo Hoo Finaly Made it

Woo Hoo Finaly Made it

Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Woo Hoo Finaly Made it

Hi Guy's
Well I got here eventually I'm in Lethbridge on my recce. It was a very eventful trip our plane was delayed at Gatwick for 3 hours, had problems with bank card for car hire don't if it was because it is spannish or what but we are here we are so tired it is unbelievable so off to bed now.

Thanks for all your help in getting us here everone.

Cheers Alli
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:47 am
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Woo Hoo Finaly Made it

Originally Posted by allicat001
Hi Guy's
Well I got here eventually I'm in Lethbridge on my recce. It was a very eventful trip our plane was delayed at Gatwick for 3 hours, had problems with bank card for car hire don't if it was because it is spannish or what but we are here we are so tired it is unbelievable so off to bed now.

Cheers Alli
enjoy
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:19 am

Lozza2302 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Woo Hoo Finaly Made it

Hi Allicat,

We are in Lethbridge, moved here 7 months ago and loving it, give us a nudge if you fancy meeting up while you are here. Also just holler if you have any questions.

Hope you enjoy your stay in the windy city.

Lorraine
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:22 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you have a fun and productive recce, Allicat.
x
Old Jun 6th 2008, 1:30 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Good luck and enjoy

Let us know how the interviews go
shame we couldnt be there earlier to say hi in person, but hopefully we will meet at some point

gill
Old Jun 6th 2008, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

DebbieK will become famous soon enoughDebbieK will become famous soon enough

Great news... it is really encouraging when you see others on the journey you are making... I love this site. Thanks everybody!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by DebbieK
Great news... it is really encouraging when you see others on the journey you are making... I love this site. Thanks everybody!
Thanks for all the well wishes guys

It's all abit unreal really can't believe we are actually here.

Is anyone free today to meet up in Lethbridge?

My OH has a number of employers he has to call to sort out where and when to meet them but is feeling a bit like a fish out of water and could do with some advice.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Believe me - if I could get on a plane I'd buy you a coffee!!! I am stuck in an office wishing my life away. How sad is that? Have fun,and I hope you find somebody to meet up with. Hey, maybe you will be answering a similar plea from me one of these days
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DebbieK
Believe me - if I could get on a plane I'd buy you a coffee!!! I am stuck in an office wishing my life away. How sad is that? Have fun,and I hope you find somebody to meet up with. Hey, maybe you will be answering a similar plea from me one of these days
thanks
Karma Given
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

san38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura aboutsan38 has a spectacular aura about

oh glad you like it.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:12 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Hi ali

i know loz is about in the mornings as she has a job now in the afternoon
wish i could meet you at timmie's :curse:

There is also minihaha and mrs miggins in the town, havent spoken to them for a while but they are about, just drop them a PM.
Enjoy and good luck, i bet the place looks fab in the sun

gill
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

happy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by allicat001
Hi Guy's

Cheers Alli
Enjoy Lethbridge, if you have time, you might also want to visit medicine hat, house prices are slightly cheaper, crime is lower as are the utilities bills, we have the most sun in Canada and its definatly not as windy. What does your OH do for work? I have quite a few contacts in the Oil n Gas industry who I would be more than happy to put you in contact with and you are only an hour and a bit down the road.

Hope you have a great time out here.

Regards

HH

Last edited by happy hatter; Jun 6th 2008 at 3:23 pm. Reason: typos
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Any contacts in economic development?? Boring I know, but hey that is what I do.. that and tourism stuff.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:04 pm

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Crime isn't lower in Med Hat, property here in Leth is VERY reasonable, and we have a very vibrant little city with lots going on for families. We are also close to Calgary and the BC border.

Alicat Lorraine will give you my number!

Mrs Miggins xxx
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:15 pm

Lozza2302 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Woo Hoo Finaly Made it

Totally agree Mrs Miggs, Lethbridge is fab, Medicine hat is good to visit, but i Love lethbridge, the people are friendly and so much to do and see, best bit is deff being so close to the rockies, calgary, and the US border.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.