Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Opinions on NB please

Opinions on NB please

Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:06 am
Just Joined

kurtthecrusader will become famous soon enoughkurtthecrusader will become famous soon enough
Default Opinions on NB please

wot up all you lucky people in canada i am wondering what newbrunswick is like is it good bad or just plain ugly? all replys will be read. n plz dont comment on the typing im tryin my best 4 all the older lady's n gentlemen who wouldnt understand if i wrote words as if they were 2 my friend peace out
.kurt.
p.s r the people nice who live there? (they should be they r canadian)
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 12:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pleez canada i need your help

Originally Posted by kurtthecrusader
wot up all you lucky people in canada i am wondering what newbrunswick is like is it good bad or just plain ugly? all replys will be read. n plz dont comment on the typing im tryin my best 4 all the older lady's n gentlemen who wouldnt understand if i wrote words as if they were 2 my friend peace out
.kurt.
I will move this to the main forum as it's not the best place for it here, and I'll also change the title for you so that those with knowledge of NB will notice it.

P.S. I only had to read it twice to understand it...........maybe I'm an 'older lady' at 33.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Opinions on NB please

Originally Posted by kurtthecrusader
.kurt.
Hi,
New Brunswick is a big place, have you looked into any specific areas yet? Also what do you do work wise as this might determine too where you could move to.
I live in Fredericton and there is quite a young population here due to it being a university city and there are lots of pubs!! I have found it a very friendly city although when it comes to jobs it is sometimes a lot about who you know (but a lot of other Canadian cities are supposed to be like that also). It is a very pretty city too and not too big - you won't find many high rises here. There is plenty to do though, especially if you like the outdoors lifestyle, lots of walking trails, which are also groomed in winter for cross country skiing and there is a good ski resort within 40mins drive.

Sinead
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:16 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opinions on NB please

Originally Posted by sinurt
Hi,
New Brunswick is a big place, have you looked into any specific areas yet? Also what do you do work wise as this might determine too where you could move to.
I live in Fredericton and there is quite a young population here due to it being a university city and there are lots of pubs!! I have found it a very friendly city although when it comes to jobs it is sometimes a lot about who you know (but a lot of other Canadian cities are supposed to be like that also). It is a very pretty city too and not too big - you won't find many high rises here. There is plenty to do though, especially if you like the outdoors lifestyle, lots of walking trails, which are also groomed in winter for cross country skiing and there is a good ski resort within 40mins drive.

Sinead

Sinead has posted an accurate description of Fredericton.

New Brunswick is a pretty province(lots of trees and rivers) it is about 3/4 the size of England with a population of only 750,000 (there is lots of space without going too far out of the city).

There are three real cities Fredericton (capital, so Government and university city of about 85,000), Moncton (French / English mixed city of 110,000 ish) and Saint John (port city with some heavy industry again 110,000 ish). Like Sinead we chose Fredericton and wild horses wouldnt drag me away. Fast growing and no real sign of recession. Tourism Fredericton provides details of events at the city and check out the visitor information link for lots of details about the city.

I suggest you check out the cities, websites and the Government of NB site on immigration

I hope that helps

PS check out the city webcams to get a realtime look at the cities.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 2:17 am
Happy in NB

Dave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond reputeDave+Jules has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pleez canada i need your help

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I will move this to the main forum as it's not the best place for it here, and I'll also change the title for you so that those with knowledge of NB will notice it.

P.S. I only had to read it twice to understand it...........maybe I'm an 'older lady' at 33.
Ya young whippersnapper.... I can barely remember 33