Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

who has been to an Exbo?

who has been to an Exbo?

Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:59 am
Vancouver...one day

Rasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant futureRasputin has a brilliant future
Default who has been to an Exbo?

Did I spell that right?

Anyway, from what I can make out from the website it seems to be mainly applicable to skilled workers. I'm not going to be taking that route, so I was wondering if it would be relevent for me to go or not? How specific to SW will it be? Would it be worth my while going anyway, just to familiarise myself with procedures et al. I'm going through Bunac so I don't know that it would be too diferent from SW anyway, so it may be worth my going, but I don't want to get there and have a wasted day because all of the information is taylor made to SW. Any thoughts at all?

Mandy.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

DebbieK will become famous soon enoughDebbieK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: who has been to an Exbo?

Hi There,

We went to the Emigrate exhibition in Edinburgh, and it was really useful and very good for getting lots of information, and contacts. I would highly reccomend them to anybody.

I had been keen on the move to Canada for some time, and had been talking to my husband, but it was only when he really had a chance to speak to people who had done it that he totally went for the plan.... and we are now on the 'journey'... oh joy

It is obviously up to you, but anything that gets you better knowledge and understanding of what you might be letting yourself in for, and the different options has to be a good thing.

Good luck.

Debbie
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

neekie will become famous soon enoughneekie will become famous soon enough

I think the Expos and the emigrate fairs are slightly different. I believe that the expos are full of employers looking to fill specific job vacancies whereas the emigrate fair has everyone from removal companies to mortgage brokers aswell as some people looking for employees. You can also get information on buying a house and advice from relocation experts so the fair is more of a complete package on your move abroad where the expo is pretty much just for job hunting. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Nope - totally right, but there because the Emigrate fairs are more generic that might just be the better option if the Expos are not fitting the bill... I think.... maybe... now I'm not sure
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

No, I agree. We found the emigrate fair to be excellent and gave as an even bigger kick up the backside to get things moving. Its a great place to start.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

Totally agree.. the best £12 we spent
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

We were lucky enough to get free tickets from Julie Parry so it was even better! Look her up if you want to go again next year.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

We met her there - it was talking to Ed that convinced Ian that he should put in the application to CPS!!!

She has helped us find somewhere to stay when we visit in September. She is a little star!

I guess it is too much to hope for that by next January we would be packing up ready to go!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

We met them too. They are a great couple. Eddie is now test driving cars for the Emigrate Canada paper. My hubby is VERY jealous!! What a job eh!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Is he realistically likely to go back to policing?? I can't see it myself. Is your hubby a bobby too?
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

No. My hubby is an electronics engineer. Cant see Eddie policing again really when he can play at being a racing driver in all those lovely cars. They say boys never grow up, they just become bigger boys. So true!
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Except in the case of my husbby, who I am trying to make a smaller boy... all ready for the dreaded PARE test!! Poor devil.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Big Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud ofBig Stevo has much to be proud of

Hi all, we were supposed to be going to Canada Expo on the 28th in London.
We've bought the tickets, then decided to go to NS sooner rather than later on a reccie so we're off on the 24th!!
Can't get the cash back as it stats there are no refunds, not sure anyone else could use the tickets either. Having said that i had to print out my email receipt to use as proof of entry, could anyone else use them?
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry, probably being really thick but what's a PARE test?
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

My borother has a house in NS... and he loves it there.

Have fun :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.