Decision made

Old May 29th 2007, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Decision made

Hello everyone,

My partner and I have finally made the decision to up sticks and move to Georgian Bay, Ontario.

She already has citizenship (dual nationality), and i am a skilled worker (apparently). Her father already lives in Grey County, ON

We've given ourselves 18 months to sort things ready to leave.

Just wondering a few bits and bobs...
Is it easier for me to apply to migrate as a skilled worker, or as a sponsored common-law partner?
When should we start the application process?

Thanks,

SN
Old May 30th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

thundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nicethundercat600 is just really nice
Default Re: Decision made

hello and welcome aboard!

SW = 4 years+
CLP sponsor = 8-12months avg! (outside canada appn)

you decide........
Old May 30th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Hi and welcome to BE.

Just wanted to wish you good luck whatever you decide.

Old May 30th 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NovaBoy
Hi and welcome to BE.

Just wanted to wish you good luck whatever you decide.

Ditto. Welcome to the forum and good luck.

How's life Novaboy?

Simon
Old May 30th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice

Originally Posted by simon876
Ditto. Welcome to the forum and good luck.

How's life Novaboy?

Simon

Very good at the moment Simon but we're still in holiday mode at the mo!

The shock will hit when we head up the road to NS!

Any news at your end yet? Shouldn't be too long now! Should it!

Old May 30th 2007, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

sue8899 has much to be proud ofsue8899 has much to be proud ofsue8899 has much to be proud ofsue8899 has much to be proud ofsue8899 has much to be proud ofsue8899 has much to be proud ofsue8899 has much to be proud ofsue8899 has much to be proud ofsue8899 has much to be proud ofsue8899 has much to be proud ofsue8899 has much to be proud of

Hi SNKH

We are in Georgian Bay currently so if you need any info just pm me and i will try to help. Lovely sunny 25 degrees today!! We came nearly 6years ago through the Self employment route, think i read on here the other day that Ontario have just announced fast tracking for skilled workers in certain categories.

Cheers
Sue
Old May 31st 2007, 11:43 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

sue

they have started the pilot pnp
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/eng...ccupations.asp

if you are on the list it helps, i am awaiting an email of them regarding employers that are on the list....said 15 days for a response.....heres counting

gill
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone.

Funnily enough i think we'll choose the sponsorship route...

Unfortunately i don't qualify for fast track.

If your sponsorship is successfull quickly (i.e 4 months), does the 'offer' expire after a certain time period?

SN