Reload this Page >

Where to live near halifax?

Where to live near halifax?

Old Jan 13th 2015, 11:28 am
Just Joined

Joannarose is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live near halifax?

Hello everyone.
I am looking for some advise,...we are based in Yorkshire, UK. My husband is canadian and interviewing for a job in Halifax. I'm in charge of finding the best location for us and our two sons age 6 and 4, to live within commute? We love the countryside in Yorkshire, my boys are quiet, love gymnastics, swimming cubs, rugby. I am a spiritual artist.
I would love any insite to what areas would suit us. So far I have been on the fall river website and am impressed with the facilities. I also looked at St Margaret's bay. What and I missing? Please help.
Joanna
Old Jan 14th 2015, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live near halifax?

Originally Posted by Joannarose
Hello everyone.
I am looking for some advise,...we are based in Yorkshire, UK. My husband is canadian and interviewing for a job in Halifax. I'm in charge of finding the best location for us and our two sons age 6 and 4, to live within commute? We love the countryside in Yorkshire, my boys are quiet, love gymnastics, swimming cubs, rugby. I am a spiritual artist.
I would love any insite to what areas would suit us. So far I have been on the fall river website and am impressed with the facilities. I also looked at St Margaret's bay. What and I missing? Please help.
Joanna
Although we have moved now we lived in Lantz. It's the next exit after the airport a you head north. About 45 mins to Halifax but a nice quiet area. Lots of young families there too and more open than some of the places closer to Halifax...
Old Jan 15th 2015, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Lost Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Joannarose,

My wife, two daughters and I moved from Northumberland in 1998 and bought a house in Haliburton Hills, Stillwater Lake. We lived there for 12 years then built a house in the same area only a few km away. There is a swimming club, supermarkets etc nearby and you are only half an hour outside the city yet it feels like the country. Lots of kids, young families.

Best
Steve
Old Jan 15th 2015, 6:45 am
Just Joined

Thank you Steve, I'll have a look at that area. Good tip. Ps. We adore Northumberland.
Joanna.
Old Jan 18th 2015, 9:00 pm
Forum Regular

charlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond reputecharlsar has a reputation beyond repute

We live in Hubbard's, on St Margerets Bay. It is a lovely place thirty minutes south of halifax and has a great little community, with lots going on throughout the year. You get more house for your money as well.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 6:52 am
Just Joined

Hi,.....thank you.....have just been recommended Hubbards by a family member in Lunenburg. It does look like a great option for us. Do you know anything about the elementary schools?
Thanks for your help.
Joanna
Old Jan 19th 2015, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

CFAmovingsoon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hubbards seems to be divided over two school boards South Shore and Halifax Regional :
check the address here for catchment if in south shore:http://ssrsb.maps.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/basicviewer/index.html?appid=9ccb4b4e54b74b808a7265e99ea872a2

or Shatford Memorial Elementary | Halifax Regional School Board