Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

what is the warmest part of canada

what is the warmest part of canada

Old Aug 19th 2007, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

sasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the rough
Default what is the warmest part of canada

Does anybody know the warmest part of canada in summer and winter months. also how long it would take to move out there from start to finish roughly. no job found at present . look forward to some information . thanks
linda
Old Aug 19th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what is the warmest part of canada

Originally Posted by bird family
Does anybody know the warmest part of canada in summer and winter months. also how long it would take to move out there from start to finish roughly. no job found at present . look forward to some information . thanks
linda
Okanagan area B.C.
4 - 5 years. Unless you have a job out there then go the Work Permit route.
Attached Thumbnails what is the warmest part of canada-okanagan.jpg  
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

jamm13dodger is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't been on here long but for me the most "british" climate you will get is in Vancouver. This means you won't have to suffer the -30 degrees in winter that I hear people talking about on here

The one thing you should do though is spend a while "lurking". Read and search for the answers to your questions. Similar questions to yours have been asked many times and some can get annoyed when they get repeated. I hope no-one does but it can happen.

Best of luck with the skills, from my experience you'll get next to no replies to job applications. The key sems to be to apply in person and get word of mouth recomendations, etc.

All the best, Rob.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve666
Okanagan area B.C.

Hi Steve, regards the WP route. If you end up in BC and get settled is it unlikely that you'll get turned down for PR when you eventually apply? I'm not having much luck finding a job remotely and am sure i'd stand a much better chance in person but i'm not keen to upheave my wife and 2 kids and then end up being booted out a few years later.

Cheers, Rob.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

linda
You can't get much further South than Windsor, ON, but it's not a good place for jobs if you haven't got anything lined up.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

celine_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of lightceline_uk is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
You can't get much further South than Windsor, ON, but it's not a good place for jobs if you haven't got anything lined up.
yea ur right Biiiink we wanted to move down there but in my field i think only 800 people work in finance, so hmmm im sure it wouldn't be easy getting work down in Windsor. but as far as best climate in canada i'd go to BC the weather is nothing like the rest of canada, weather in this part of ON is either -35c or 35C+
Old Aug 19th 2007, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamm13dodger
I haven't been on here long but for me the most "british" climate you will get is in Vancouver. This means you won't have to suffer the -30 degrees in winter that I hear people talking about on here

All the best, Rob.
But you may have to suffer through days or weeks of dull grey skies.

Where I live gets cold but we still get sunny blue skies and, coming from Lancashire, I'd rather have that any day.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Kamloops BC,,,,,just about the best allyear round weather,+35 to -10 winter little snow,and even less rain. Its classed as semi Arid here
Old Aug 19th 2007, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by flashman
But you may have to suffer through days or weeks of dull grey skies.

Where I live gets cold but we still get sunny blue skies and, coming from Lancashire, I'd rather have that any day.
Mmm, yes I have to say I love crisp clear winter days when it's snowed

I did hear some horror stories about the winters in Ottowa when I visited though. Not sure how much was true but the power sockets in the sidewalks made me think at least some of it was true, I was told they were to plug the car into. Not because it was an electric car but to power the heating to the fuel tank and engine to stop them freezing. Is this true?

Rob.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Steve, regards the WP route. If you end up in BC and get settled is it unlikely that you'll get turned down for PR when you eventually apply? I'm not having much luck finding a job remotely and am sure i'd stand a much better chance in person but i'm not keen to upheave my wife and 2 kids and then end up being booted out a few years later.

Cheers, Rob.
I haven't gone the WP route and it's taken 2 and a half years (Skilled Worker, which is a laugh). There are loads of people on here who have gone down the route of WP who I'm sure will help.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 2:25 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Okanagan area B.C.
Actually you'll find Vancouver and the lower mainland Vancouver, Abbotsford or Chilliwack warmer in the winter than almost any place in the Okanagan or the Kamloops area.

Also most of southern Vancouver Island from Comox south is warmer than the Okanagan, Kamloops areas in winter.

Summer temps in both areas are not as hot as the Okanagan and Kamloops areas but are quite warm with highs to the low 30's Celsius frequently.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

sasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the roughsasha 1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Actually you'll find Vancouver and the lower mainland Vancouver, Abbotsford or Chilliwack warmer in the winter than almost any place in the Okanagan or the Kamloops area.

Also most of southern Vancouver Island from Comox south is warmer than the Okanagan, Kamloops areas in winter.

Summer temps in both areas are not as hot as the Okanagan and Kamloops areas but are quite warm with highs to the low 30's Celsius frequently.
Hi thank you all for your replies. Have been very useful. Steve 666 (you little devil) what route did you go down. please. Thanks Steve
Old Aug 19th 2007, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi thank you all for your replies. Have been very useful. Steve 666 (you little devil) what route did you go down. please. Thanks Steve
Skilled worker, AOR October 2004, got visas April 2007, moving out to Ottawa September 20th on ZOOM airlines and buying £2,000 worth of winter clothing, snow shoes, ski's, skidoo and taking my ex East German Army fur hat (with badge attached) and ear warmers.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Talking Re: what is the warmest part of canada

Skilled worker, AOR October 2004, got visas April 2007, moving out to Ottawa September 20th on ZOOM airlines and buying £2,000 worth of winter clothing, snow shoes, ski's, skidoo and taking my ex East German Army fur hat (with badge attached) and ear warmers.
thank`s steve
like the heat my self, we will fly out at christmas to have a look a bout
Old Aug 19th 2007, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm, yes I have to say I love crisp clear winter days when it's snowed

I did hear some horror stories about the winters in Ottowa when I visited though. Not sure how much was true but the power sockets in the sidewalks made me think at least some of it was true, I was told they were to plug the car into. Not because it was an electric car but to power the heating to the fuel tank and engine to stop them freezing. Is this true?

Rob.
Ottawa gets more severe winters than where I live near Kingston. It's northeast of here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.