Reload this Page >

What Removal Company??

What Removal Company??

Old Feb 13th 2016, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Blackbird22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What Removal Company??

Hi all!
We are about to relocate from London UK to Toronto and are in the process of choosing a removal company. So far, we approached John Mason International, White & Company and AngloPacific.
John Mason is the most competitive but we cannot find many reviews about the company...
Can anyone share their experience?
Thank you in advance for your help & advice!
Karl

Last edited by Blackbird22; Feb 13th 2016 at 8:34 am. Reason: Text Editing
Old Feb 13th 2016, 2:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Removal Company??

Originally Posted by Blackbird22
Hi all!
We are about to relocate from London UK to Toronto and are in the process of choosing a removal company. So far, we approached John Mason International, White & Company and AngloPacific.
John Mason is the most competitive but we cannot find many reviews about the company...
Can anyone share their experience?
Thank you in advance for your help & advice!
Karl
really? I plugged that company name + reviews into the Google & found loads of reviews, including lots of info on BE on the subject.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Oh?!
Can you please copy and paste the links? That would help!
Old Feb 13th 2016, 2:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh?!
Can you please copy and paste the links? That would help!
With respect, I'm sure that you can do a quick forum search rather than Shirtback having to spend time finding each thread and copying and pasting them all for you! Just go to the search bar at the top right of the forum, and put 'john mason' in, you'll find loads of threads.

Ditto for Google, just put 'John Mason removals reviews' in and you'll find loads of pages (including several from BE it seems, as well as other forums).

HTH.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 3:03 pm
Just Joined

Oh well. I might be unlucky or useless
I've used Google and Bing and none of the links found proposed actual reviews.
Anyway thanks for your time and have a lovely weekend!
Old Feb 13th 2016, 3:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well. I might be unlucky or useless
I've used Google and Bing and none of the links found proposed actual reviews.
Anyway thanks for your time and have a lovely weekend!
Most of them are on forums, such as BE, so just click on the links to forums on Google and it'll take you to the thread which will contain a review. This page was about fourth down on Google I think, although it's only got a few reviews on - http://www.removalreviews.co.uk/move...nal-movers-777

You can also look at their FB page which has a reviews section on.

HTH.
Old Feb 13th 2016, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the tips. It's the first time that I'm using forums...
Old Feb 13th 2016, 3:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thank you for the tips. It's the first time that I'm using forums...
No probs. Hopefully you've found lots of threads on BE now, but if you search Google you'll also find links to other forums, which will take you to threads discussing the company in question. I also think that those posts are more likely to be genuine than other reviews (I saw 2 on Yelp for John Mason, but clearly both by the same person who works for them!), so a forum post might be a more reliable indicator.

And I'm sure that if anybody has used them recently they'll let you know how they got on.

Good luck with it.
Old Feb 14th 2016, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

We used Anglo Pacific twice (2012 & 2015) for moving lots of boxes (no furniture) and they were fine.

S
Old Feb 19th 2016, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual has a reputation beyond repute

We used Anglo Pacific on the recommendation from two other friends who'd used them but that was to move from London to Aus and it was just boxes. Very professional company, highly recommended. Now we're in Toronto and we used Allied Pickfords to come here. They were on the more expensive side but very professional and we'd used them when moving internally in Aus too. We got a great deal and were able to take more stuff than we thought because they gave us a fixed price quote. Plus we ended up doing air freight because we had very little furniture to take, mainly just boxes, and it worked out only slightly more expensive to go by air but obviously it only took a few weeks versus a few months by sea.
Now I'm looking for recommendations for which company to use to move back to Melbourne from Toronto! It never ends! Good luck with your search - make sure you get three quotes and try to get them to compete with each other for your business, get the best deal you can.
Old Feb 19th 2016, 6:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Anglo Pacific were very good.
I consulted two others but didn't get the info I needed or it wasn't straightforward in some way: I can't remember.
I dealt with someone called Maddie both times. She was excellent and extremely professional. She always knew how to help me out with all the ridiculous things I kept asking her.

S
Old Mar 12th 2016, 11:13 am
Just Joined

nalmay is an unknown quantity at this point

I had asked my sister regarding John Mason for a friend who was moving to Australia in the recent past. I am copying and pasting her review here. Hope this helps:

I chose John Mason and have no regrets. They deal with the UK side and then when the shipment arrives in Australia, their partner, Wridgways, take over.
John Mason were very good and helpful when I had questions; kept me informed all the way. They were on time, very polite and efficient when packing my stuff. When I receive them, nothing was broken; none of the glasses or ceramic or electrical/electronic.
Therefore, the only problem was the time taken. I ordered only part of a container. So, what can happen is that they wait for it to be filled up with other people’s stuff. So, if you’re unlucky to be one of the first to get things put in it, then you will wait longer, rather than being one of the last people. If your friend orders the whole container if she moves her whole house, then no problem and no wait. Also, it can happen that the ship itself is a bit delayed.
She needs to get a good estimate of how long it may take, as this can be frustrating. If she can ship well in advance before she leaves UK (like going to stay with family), then of course it will take less time to receive the stuff. I could only arrange for the removals guys to collect a week before I left UK end Sep, and it took until 2 january to receive; so 3 months.
At the Australian end, Wridgways were also very good, contacted me, and the guys were good. They asked if I wanted help with unpacking but at the time, I preferred to do this myself. So, there you go, overall good experience with them.