Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Unaccompanied Minor Declaration

Unaccompanied Minor Declaration

Old Jun 29th 2015, 5:57 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unaccompanied Minor Declaration

Our 12 year old daughter will be flying back to the UK unaccompanied to stay with family later in July. Does anyone know if there's a template letter I can follow which covers all the details that are required for her to be handed over to my sister in law when she lands in London? I have contacted Air Transat but, even though we're paying them for the service, didn't seem to have a clue! Has anybody's child done this?
Thanks all...
Old Jun 29th 2015, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unaccompanied Minor Declaration

Read this link as a guide

Children and travel - Travel.gc.ca
Old Jun 29th 2015, 6:14 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Read this link as a guide

Children and travel - Travel.gc.ca
Hey thanks FL. I should have though to ask you first! She's heading back to Rivington and Horwich too! I'll tell her to have a Barm in your honour!
Old Jun 29th 2015, 6:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Our 12 year old daughter will be flying back to the UK unaccompanied to stay with family later in July. Does anyone know if there's a template letter I can follow which covers all the details that are required for her to be handed over to my sister in law when she lands in London? I have contacted Air Transat but, even though we're paying them for the service, didn't seem to have a clue! Has anybody's child done this?
Thanks all...
Our son is travelling on his own Wednesday to Dublin. He is 14 and we're not paying for that service. For a 14 year old the $100 per flight seemed excessive for hand holding

This webpage gives you a sample letter. If you get the signatures commissioned, scan and send it to your family in the UK so they have the same letter in their possession when your daughter arrives there.

Recommended consent letter for children travelling abroad - Travel.gc.ca
Old Jun 29th 2015, 6:54 pm
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Hey thanks FL. I should have though to ask you first! She's heading back to Rivington and Horwich too! I'll tell her to have a Barm in your honour!
Just filled out and printed off the consent form. That gets her out of Canada and into the UK. Do I just reverse the details for her return home to YVR? The form doesn't seem to lend itself to this?
Old Jun 29th 2015, 9:02 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
For a 14 year old the $100 per flight seemed excessive for hand holding[/url]
I guess it depends on the value ones puts on their children's well being.
Old Jun 29th 2015, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
I guess it depends on the value ones puts on their children's well being.
On the maturity of the child too... my 3rd son was 12 the first time he flew to the UK on his own. He was absolutely fine. My 4th son is currently 10 and I can't imagine him flying on his own at 12, he's much more of a worrier!
Old Jun 30th 2015, 4:38 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
On the maturity of the child too... my 3rd son was 12 the first time he flew to the UK on his own. He was absolutely fine. My 4th son is currently 10 and I can't imagine him flying on his own at 12, he's much more of a worrier!
Mine alway went back accompanied, more often than not in the jump seat when it was just one of them.