Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Un-happy in Canada!

Un-happy in Canada!

Old Jan 14th 2015, 6:05 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Un-happy in Canada!

I was meant to go fishing today with two ‘friends” but something came up and I couldn't go, but they insisted they should still be allowed to go out, so the two bastards are enjoying themselves on a nice sunny day. They said they’d put gas in the boat but I won’t be holding my breath. And then one of the cheeky cads, said, as he was picking up the bait I'd brined, was wondering if they should not take the sandwiches and sausage rolls I’d made with them.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 6:20 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I was meant to go fishing today with two ‘friends” but something came up and I couldn't go, but they insisted they should still be allowed to go out, so the two bastards are enjoying themselves on a nice sunny day. They said they’d put gas in the boat but I won’t be holding my breath. And then one of the cheeky cads, said, as he was picking up the bait I'd brined, was wondering if they should not take the sandwiches and sausage rolls I’d made with them.
Sounds familiar. I remember having "friends" like that in the UK as well, so I don't think it's exclusively a Canadian thing (not that that makes it any better!).
Old Jan 14th 2015, 6:25 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Sounds familiar. I remember having "friends" like that in the UK as well, so I don't think it's exclusively a Canadian thing (not that that makes it any better!).
One has just called as he thought I'd left beer in the cooler. I suggested they might want to stop at Ambleside as there is a dock and a liquor store very close. Of course that'll mean they have to put their hand in their pockets.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard
You're fairly social on here.
I am a lot better at it online. In real life, I get anxious with groups and become the quiet one in the back who doesn't say much.

I am better with just 1 or 2 people, but still hard to break the ice since my interests are not what you'd call main stream.

(airplanes, fish, disneyland, reptiles and such.)
Old Jan 14th 2015, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I am a lot better at it online. In real life, I get anxious with groups and become the quiet one in the back who doesn't say much.

I am better with just 1 or 2 people, but still hard to break the ice since my interests are not what you'd call main stream.

(airplanes, fish, disneyland, reptiles and such.)
I'm glad you clarified.
Old Jan 14th 2015, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I'm glad you clarified.
My entire social life since 1998 has revolved around the internet in some way.

Prior to that, I did pretty much nothing but school since I was still a kid and teenager prior to that. I did try a couple camps back when I was a youngster, but I didn't like them and more or less forced my parents to pull me out.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 1:34 am
Forum Regular

xxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nice

People make the mistake of thinking that moving is going to make them happier. It doesn't work. The place doesn't make you happy. I personally am I grumpy bastard and I'm good with it. I'm also good with the fact that Canadians annoy me. I'm also good with the fact that fellow Brits back home annoy the hell out of me. I can live in either place because I've accepted that both are shite. Just different kinds of shite. All in all, I'd rather be in Canada if the money is good. If the money is not good I'd rather be back home IF I can get enough money back home to make the shite things tolerable. Unlike some other posters here who can be content with making buttons and just surviving and I surmise just enjoying the simple things in life, I guess I must have been a spoiled bastard and I consider myself to be poor when I have to count my pennies and I don't like that. I don't know how to make you happy mate. I think happiness is elusive. I think the yanks were very smart when they talked about "life, liberty and the *pursuit* of happiness" because it seems to be the ones on here who are just trying to enjoy small things who are pursuing happiness and making do. Anyways. End of. Rant.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 3:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by xxdb
People make the mistake of thinking that moving is going to make them happier. It doesn't work. The place doesn't make you happy. I personally am I grumpy bastard and I'm good with it. I'm also good with the fact that Canadians annoy me. I'm also good with the fact that fellow Brits back home annoy the hell out of me. I can live in either place because I've accepted that both are shite. Just different kinds of shite. All in all, I'd rather be in Canada if the money is good. If the money is not good I'd rather be back home IF I can get enough money back home to make the shite things tolerable. Unlike some other posters here who can be content with making buttons and just surviving and I surmise just enjoying the simple things in life, I guess I must have been a spoiled bastard and I consider myself to be poor when I have to count my pennies and I don't like that. I don't know how to make you happy mate. I think happiness is elusive. I think the yanks were very smart when they talked about "life, liberty and the *pursuit* of happiness" because it seems to be the ones on here who are just trying to enjoy small things who are pursuing happiness and making do. Anyways. End of. Rant.
Oh trust me, I would bet a many who are making buttons and just surviving would love to make more and not have to just survive, but at the end of the day, us average folk don't have a whole lot of control over our income, we live in a take it or leave it world, the employer dictates pay with no negotiation room.

Those who can negotiate pay, and earn enough to not just survive, are lucky indeed.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 5:37 am
Forum Regular

xxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nice

If you're average how did you get in to Canada? Because the points system is pretty hard to pass.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 6:01 am
Account Closed

If you're average how did you get in to Canada? Because the points system is pretty hard to pass.
Family Class. I was married to a Canadian at one point in my life who didn't want to move to the US.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 2:24 pm
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

What a bizarre concept, that average people can't get in to Canada.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Goody86 has much to be proud ofGoody86 has much to be proud ofGoody86 has much to be proud ofGoody86 has much to be proud ofGoody86 has much to be proud ofGoody86 has much to be proud ofGoody86 has much to be proud ofGoody86 has much to be proud ofGoody86 has much to be proud ofGoody86 has much to be proud ofGoody86 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bats
What a bizarre concept, that average people can't get in to Canada.
What a bizarre concept, that people view themselves as average
Old Jan 16th 2015, 4:02 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

What about normal people?
Old Jan 16th 2015, 4:06 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goody86
What a bizarre concept, that people view themselves as average
you know that, statistically, some people are ?
Old Jan 16th 2015, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Family Class. I was married to a Canadian at one point in my life who didn't want to move to the US.
Fair enough. In my own personal experience most Brit immigrants I know came in through the points system.

Good luck mate and I'm glad you like it and are doing better than in the US.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.