Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK residing Canadian

UK residing Canadian

Old Oct 29th 2001, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

CN Tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

There is a paragraph on the CIC website under sponsorship stating that a Canadian citizen, if sponsoring a spouse and residing exclusively outside Canada, may apply to be the sponsor at a visa post other than Mississauga.

The above is self-explanatory, but what I would very much like to know is what difference applying to London would make:

- Would it be faster than Mississauga purely due of local mailing of documents instead of international?

- Would it be faster than Mississauga because both parts would be processed at the same place (albeit at different times)?

- Would it not be any faster at all; and if so - what are the advantages to this option?

And lastly, does anybody have a rough idea of how long spousal sponsorship applications through London, are taking at the moment (I appear to be a straightforward case - solely British resident all my life; no criminal record; eminently employable )

Any advice appreciated ; no-one has been able to answer this before now, so I would be supremely grateful if someone could help me.

Thanks very much,

CN
Old Oct 30th 2001, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Is anyone else getting as bored with my question as I am?!

Please - is there anyone that can answer this - is applying to be a sponsor from outside Canada really *that* unheard of?

The fact that the paragraph I am referring to comes directly from the information on the CIC website must mean that there is a reason for it's existence...is there no-one that has been through or assisted with an application where the sponsor applied to their local CHC?

I'm sorry; I'm sounding rather desperate! There is an awful lot of knowledge on this board and I am starting to wonder whether my question is a bit weird!

Thanks, in hope of solving this one!
CN

Old Oct 30th 2001, 8:52 pm
Andrew Miller

It is not unheard of, but extremely rare for us to assist in such cases as most
Canadian citizens living abroad simply look for answers and assistance in the local
Canadian visa post. Your best bet would be to ask CHC London directly as each visa
post has different policies.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 30th 2001, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Andrew Miller, you're my hero

Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a shot...

CN