Reload this Page >

Uk mental health nurse doing briding gap course

Uk mental health nurse doing briding gap course

Old Oct 29th 2016, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

lauraben127 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk mental health nurse doing briding gap course

Hi

I have posted in here before, lost the spirit and drive behind trying to get registered as a psychiatric nurse in BC but hopefully got it back now.
I am now in Vancouver with my boyfriend on a two year open work permit, he has work as an electrician I have a job as a learning disability support worker once my criminal record check comes back.
My questions are really;
I have asked about any time I can shave off the bridging course but the consulting course says none, I have to do it all. Anyone else UK trained been able to reduce the course time? If so, how?
If I do manage to motivate myself to see it through, after the course is done and I sit the exam and pass (hopefully) what happens after that? Apply for a job and work?
Do you think I can do all this in a year?
Would I be better off applying to a different college see if I can go straight ahead and just sit the exam say in Alberta or something? Or would the decision making process on who can sit the exam be much the same? We are not tied to Vancouver we can move if needs be

Hopefully can connect with someone thats done it

Thanks
Laura
Old Oct 30th 2016, 1:34 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk mental health nurse doing briding gap course

Congratulations on the job

Criminal record checks are taking a long time at the moment, so don't be concerned if it take a month+ before results come back.
Old Oct 30th 2016, 1:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by R I C H
Congratulations on the job

Criminal record checks are taking a long time at the moment, so don't be concerned if it take a month+ before results come back.

Ah cool thanks for that. I have only been here for three weeks will that speed things up or slow it down?
Old Oct 30th 2016, 3:40 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauraben127
Ah cool thanks for that. I have only been here for three weeks will that speed things up or slow it down?
It won't make a difference, there's a backlog for applications which is frustrating for employers, but to be compliant with regulations, unfortunately you won't be able to start work until the process takes its due course.

Who's your new employer?
Old Oct 30th 2016, 3:51 am
Just Joined

It won't make a difference, there's a backlog for applications which is frustrating for employers, but to be compliant with regulations, unfortunately you won't be able to start work until the process takes its due course.

Who's your new employer?

Thompson community services.

do you have any idea about the nurse registration stuff and the bridging the gap course
Old Oct 30th 2016, 4:07 am
Pea Brain

Thompson community services.

do you have any idea about the nurse registration stuff and the bridging the gap course
Call me at work on Monday - Kamloops office number (in my emails last week) and I'll put you in touch with someone. Glad the interview advice helped
Old Oct 30th 2016, 4:11 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.crpnbc.ca/registration/i...al-applicants/
Old Oct 30th 2016, 4:57 am
Just Joined

Call me at work on Monday - Kamloops office number (in my emails last week) and I'll put you in touch with someone. Glad the interview advice helped
Oh my god how random!
Was going to email you and say thank you! I start when the criminal record comes back, want to start now! Really like the vibe of the centre and the staff were really friendly to me you can feel there warmth.
Any time in particular suit you?
Old Oct 30th 2016, 5:55 am
Pea Brain

Oh my god how random!
Was going to email you and say thank you! I start when the criminal record comes back, want to start now! Really like the vibe of the centre and the staff were really friendly to me you can feel there warmth.
Any time in particular suit you?
I guessed it must be the same Laura. Anytime after 1.30pm would work best.
Old Oct 31st 2016, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi my girlfriend is a nurse and needs to go through the registration process.
Do you have a degree or diploma? Did the NNAS say you need to do the bridging course?
Old Dec 3rd 2016, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

aja424 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am a mental health nurse currently going through the NNAS process.
How long will the bridging course take, and do you have to complete the entire course because you are a learning disability nurse hoping to work in mental health?
Can the course be completed from the UK?
Both Alberta and BC are included on my NNAS application. I originally chose Alberta, but it appears that BC employers are more helpful with the process and ultimately have more vacancies to fill. I may be wrong in this, but including BC on my application for an additional $55 seems worth the risk.