Reload this Page >

Trying to buy something for a friend from the UK in Canada - HELP

Trying to buy something for a friend from the UK in Canada - HELP

Old Jul 5th 2017, 9:54 am
Just Joined

ChrisHoppyBot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trying to buy something for a friend from the UK in Canada - HELP

Morning guys,

I live in the UK, and some friends moved to Canada recently. I'm trying to do a simple thing of buy them some Heinz Baked Beans from the Walmart website and have them delivered to them.

But I can not add my billing address to the checkout because it only recognises Canadian or a USA address.

Can anyone recommend a service or a work around?

Kind regards,
ChrisHoppyBot
Old Jul 5th 2017, 1:43 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trying to buy something for a friend from the UK in Canada - HELP

Originally Posted by ChrisHoppyBot
Morning guys,

I live in the UK, and some friends moved to Canada recently. I'm trying to do a simple thing of buy them some Heinz Baked Beans from the Walmart website and have them delivered to them.

But I can not add my billing address to the checkout because it only recognises Canadian or a USA address.

Kind regards,
ChrisHoppyBot
Just to let you know, the Heinz BAked Beans from Walmart - even the English style ones, are NOT the same as from the UK. The tomato sauce is runnier and sweeter (not as sweet as North American beans which have molasses in them). If you're after real UK baked beans, we go to a local UK food importer called London Bus. I think it's $35 for 24 tins. Funnily enough, after all these years, baked beans and yorkshire tea are the two things we go out of our way to source.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

ChrisHoppyBot is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
Just to let you know, the Heinz BAked Beans from Walmart - even the English style ones, are NOT the same as from the UK. The tomato sauce is runnier and sweeter (not as sweet as North American beans which have molasses in them). If you're after real UK baked beans, we go to a local UK food importer called London Bus. I think it's $35 for 24 tins. Funnily enough, after all these years, baked beans and yorkshire tea are the two things we go out of our way to source.
Thank you for that! Is there a website?

The problem I have is that most sites won't process a credit card payment because I'm not able to enter in the correct billing address as the site requires a Canadian address.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine in the U.K. sent me a Chapters/Indigo gift card a couple of years ago, which she had obviously bought using her UK card - might be worth considering if you have no luck on the baked beans front? I think they stock some British magazines 😀
Old Jul 5th 2017, 2:45 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for that! Is there a website?

The problem I have is that most sites won't process a credit card payment because I'm not able to enter in the correct billing address as the site requires a Canadian address.
London Bus Wholesale
Old Jul 5th 2017, 2:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried eBay?

Setup a UK eBay account, associate it with a PayPal account and you can then shop and ship in the US and Canada.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the Walmart, ours has a small English section and they sell imported from the UK baked beans and doesn't cost that much more than made in Canada imitations
Old Jul 5th 2017, 6:34 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Morning guys,

Kind regards,
ChrisHoppyBot
Why don't they just go to Walmart and buy them? In the English section there are HBB imported from the UK at something like $2.25 a can.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Why don't they just go to Walmart and buy them? In the English section there are HBB imported from the UK at something like $2.25 a can.
I get the impression the OP wants to send their friends some as a surprise gift.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 6:44 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Then, of course, there's Amazon. Plenty of grocery things there including 'Brit' stuff.

No problem at all registering UK credit card billing address with Canadian delivery address on the amazon.ca site.
Old Jul 5th 2017, 6:59 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Then, of course, there's Amazon. Plenty of grocery things there including 'Brit' stuff.

No problem at all registering UK credit card billing address with Canadian delivery address on the amazon.ca site.
+1

Or one of the 'Brit' stores online.

Old Jul 5th 2017, 11:36 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Something Walmart have a import section now, jfyi.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 12:22 am
limey party pooper

bats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond reputebats has a reputation beyond repute

Send a care parcel of chocolate. You can buy most things here but the fact that a friend back home has bothered to shop and wrap a gift is very lovely.
Old Jul 6th 2017, 1:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bats
Send a care parcel of chocolate. You can buy most things here but the fact that a friend back home has bothered to shop and wrap a gift is very lovely.
Send a care parcel of Heinz Baked Beans. Sure it'll cost more than the chocolate parcel but it's still a nice gift if you like baked beans
Old Jul 6th 2017, 1:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134 scrubbedexpat134

Morning guys,

Kind regards,
ChrisHoppyBot
What area of Canada do your friends live?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.