Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Travelling on different passports

Travelling on different passports

Old Apr 17th 2015, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling on different passports

Originally Posted by misplacedheidi
SO last time we entered the UK, my child's UK passport had expired but he had a valid Canadian one (we were waiting to get him a UK adult one).

I showed the expired UK and the current CA one to the UK border agency who still stamped his CA one with a visitor's stamp.

Bit confused as he clearly is/was a UK citizen, albeit with an expired PP, and I know he was travelling ON the CA PP, but was that necessary? - FL any comment?

I will have the same issue with child no. 2!
Perhaps the UK Border Officer was from Yorkshire and didn't realize that your sons expired UK passport is still proof of UK citizenship and that their UK citizenship doesn't expire like a passport does and that he/she just elected to stamp the Canadian passport showing him entering as a visitor which he would be.
Being presented with 2 x passports just sent their brain into overdrive and like most officers across the world the motto is
If in doubt stamp it out.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 9:53 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Perhaps the UK Border Officer was from Yorkshire and didn't realize that your sons expired UK passport is still proof of UK citizenship and that their UK citizenship doesn't expire like a passport does and that he/she just elected to stamp the Canadian passport showing him entering as a visitor which he would be.
Being presented with 2 x passports just sent their brain into overdrive and like most officers across the world the motto is
If in doubt stamp it out.
Old Apr 17th 2015, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm from Yorkshire!

Thank you for the clarification. My oh thought I was bonkers! But I remembered your earlier posts and didn't think I was :-)

But maybe I am:-)

Last edited by misplacedheidi; Apr 17th 2015 at 9:58 pm.
Old Apr 18th 2015, 9:43 am
Just Joined

qwickyy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure what was different but I have a letter from Alberta Trade and industry of approval. My company was then thinking of placing me in BC but I said I didn't have approval to work in BC I would have to apply. They said I didn't need one for BC. So BC must do it another way. I would be interested if anyone Knows.???

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 19th 2015 at 3:12 pm. Reason: Link removed