Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

TORONTO has Changed

TORONTO has Changed

Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

CMtoronto2dubai has a spectacular aura aboutCMtoronto2dubai has a spectacular aura aboutCMtoronto2dubai has a spectacular aura about
Default TORONTO has Changed

What was once a promising North American city, has fallen into last place in every single category in the Canadian business magazines and other media sections. Toronto's infrastructure is falling apart due to the lack of money. Highway systems and other infrastructure are not being kept well, and are often not up to date.
Most often when turning into news, 90% of the local news is about negative aspects of the city and the surrounding region.
Toronto was once a very safe city compare to other major cities. Even though Toronto has still low number of crime comparing to other cities. You have to take into the population factor as well though.
The crime scene in Toronto will only get worse due to the lack of professional jobs and many large companies moving out of Toronto.
If you need more information, please pick up the Canadian Business Magazine September Issue. READ MORE ABOUT IT.
And yes by the way - TORONTO is not the centre of the UNIVERSE PEOPLE
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:13 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TORONTO has Changed

Originally Posted by CMtoronto2dubai
when turning into news, 90% of the local news is about negative aspects of the city and the surrounding region.
Gosh really? you mean its just like every other place on the planet!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

CMtoronto2dubai has a spectacular aura aboutCMtoronto2dubai has a spectacular aura aboutCMtoronto2dubai has a spectacular aura about

Well can't really say like every other place on earth, cause there are still many other cities which I have not visited.
But yes I guess the world is changing and more of the cities are becoming unsafe, and unreliable.
Where are you exactly from ?

Originally Posted by iaink
Gosh really? you mean its just like every other place on the planet!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:33 pm
Ambiroadious

WorldWeary will become famous soon enough

What was once a promising North American city, has fallen into last place in every single category in the Canadian business magazines and other media sections. Toronto's infrastructure is falling apart due to the lack of money. Highway systems and other infrastructure are not being kept well, and are often not up to date.
Most often when turning into news, 90% of the local news is about negative aspects of the city and the surrounding region.
Toronto was once a very safe city compare to other major cities. Even though Toronto has still low number of crime comparing to other cities. You have to take into the population factor as well though.
The crime scene in Toronto will only get worse due to the lack of professional jobs and many large companies moving out of Toronto.
If you need more information, please pick up the Canadian Business Magazine September Issue. READ MORE ABOUT IT.
And your purpose in posting this rubbish is?

Tell me when was the last time they had a riot in Toronto like the one they had last week in Birmingham?

As for being the centre of the Universe, I agree, it isn't. But it's a lot closer than Dubai.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

Well Very sorry if you find my posting very rubbish.
Actually this is not a rubbish fact, but only recent news and studies which was done by the Canadian business magazine. As I mentioned you can pick up this magazine, if you are living in Canada. If not then I am sorry you may find it on the net.
As a resident of Toronto for the past 19 years, I am only speaking by my experience and others experience.
I did not say Dubai was close to being the centre of the universe either. If you read correctly.
Although it is moving in the rigth position, Dubai has good future ahead of them by implementing a right infrastructure from the begining.
In all resepct, unfortunatley Canada and the US have lost many aspect of their governmental controls starting from their gun control leading down to their foreign policy.
In regards to RIOTS. I am sorry but don't they have riots every weekend in England. Even with Football matches, they have riots therefore please do not tell me about riots.
Therefore please make your remarks by having a backup. As far as I am concerned that is the only way to speak.
Have a great night.
Originally Posted by WorldWeary
And your purpose in posting this rubbish is?

Tell me when was the last time they had a riot in Toronto like the one they had last week in Birmingham?

As for being the centre of the Universe, I agree, it isn't. But it's a lot closer than Dubai.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:44 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

In regards to RIOTS. I am sorry but don't they have riots every weekend in England. Even with Football matches, they have riots therefore please do not tell me about riots.
I see you are SOOO well informed
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:54 pm
Just Joined

Once again thank you for your compliments coming from you.
I am not here to go back and forth with your posting.
Therefore if you do have any intelligent remarks, or comments, then drop them by, if not then there is absolutley no reason to hear them. We already hear most of it from politicians and governments.
Originally Posted by iaink
I see you are SOOO well informed
Old Oct 24th 2005, 4:59 pm
Banned

finallygotout will become famous soon enough

Politicians....you mean like George Bush, or Blair ?
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:08 pm
Ambiroadious

Well Very sorry if you find my posting very rubbish.
Actually this is not a rubbish fact, but only recent news and studies which was done by the Canadian business magazine. As I mentioned you can pick up this magazine, if you are living in Canada. If not then I am sorry you may find it on the net.
As a resident of Toronto for the past 19 years, I am only speaking by my experience and others experience.
I did not say Dubai was close to being the centre of the universe either. If you read correctly.
Although it is moving in the rigth position, Dubai has good future ahead of them by implementing a right infrastructure from the begining.
In all resepct, unfortunatley Canada and the US have lost many aspect of their governmental controls starting from their gun control leading down to their foreign policy.
Therefore please make your remarks by having a backup. As far as I am concerned that is the only way to speak.
Have a great night.
Well if it took you 19 years to decide Toronto isn't for you, I think by now you probably know your way to the airport. Have a nice flight out.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:21 pm
Banned

albo is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you say disgruntled

From Websters dictionary;

adj : in a state of sulky dissatisfaction [syn: dissatisfied]

indeed he is
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:34 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Once again thank you for your compliments coming from you.
I am not here to go back and forth with your posting.
Therefore if you do have any intelligent remarks, or comments, then drop them by, if not then there is absolutley no reason to hear them. We already hear most of it from politicians and governments.
Are you are writer for Canadian Business magazine, CMtoronto2dubai ? Your style and the frequent plugging of this obscure publication suggest you might be.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

GlosMaple is an unknown quantity at this point

Geesh, You seem to place a great deal of emphasis on today's over the top media coverage of Toronto's ill's etc when deciding when to ship out. I sincerely hope your selection of Dubai as a place to run to is not based on this popularist press alone. I guess we can't count on you being Toronto's evangelist in the Gulf !!

Do us a favour, would you throw your UK newspapers out though, the reference to violence at football grounds every week is way out of date, perhaps you picked them up on your way to live in Toronto ..........what was it 19 years ago!!
Old Oct 24th 2005, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

montrealhereicome is an unknown quantity at this point

Ho Ho, if you've lived in Canada for 19 years you'll probably melt in the first week of living in dubai.

Still tax free place and it'll definitely help with your obvious drinking problem.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 6:43 pm
Ambiroadious

Originally Posted by dbd33
Are you are writer for Canadian Business magazine, CMtoronto2dubai ? Your style and the frequent plugging of this obscure publication suggest you might be.
I doubt that he/she is a writer dbd33. Read his/her posts again. English seems to be his/her second language. Too many spelling, grammar and punctuation errors for a writer.
Old Oct 24th 2005, 7:50 pm
Deep in the red C.

Iginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond reputeIginla has a reputation beyond repute

Had the option to move to Toronto. Mind was made up on the taxi ride from the airport to hotel (seriously). Why anyone would want to move from the popn density of the UK to Toronto is beyond me.

Would help if the public transport was a bit more stroller/wheelchair friendly also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.