Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

For those with no credit history in Canada... just seen this

For those with no credit history in Canada... just seen this

Old Jun 8th 2008, 12:19 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of
Default For those with no credit history in Canada... just seen this

Hey everyone,

I just saw online that Capital One in Canada offers a Guaranteed Secured Mastercard. It does not apply to all provinces, but most. It's intended for people who have no credit history or need to re-establish credit history in Canada.

The catch is that there is an annual fee of CD$59 and you need to be resident in your province... but I thought some of you might find this info useful as it seems that the only other alternative here for getting a credit card is to post a bond of $500 or $1000.

The link came from an advertisement on hotmail - so I don't have it to post here, but for those interested, I am sure you can find it on Google.

Hope this is not considered advertising (I personally am not getting it and going the bond route)... just thought it would be useful for some.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For those with no credit history in Canada... just seen this

This is a secured mastercard...ie: with deposit paid up front.
Old Jun 8th 2008, 12:48 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of
Default Re: For those with no credit history in Canada... just seen this

Thanks for pointing that out,... I thought this was too good to be true. The money just flies out the window here when you land and try to establish yourself.

In that case, ignore my post ... if you have to pay a deposit, then it's not that great a card as there are cards with no annual fee!