THANK YOU ALL

Old May 22nd 2017, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

AfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond repute
Default THANK YOU ALL

Hi All,

Just to say a big THANK YOU to all in this forum who has in one way or another contributed to all the threads that I have started.

It's been invaluable and I can't thank you all enough.

Big shout out to the moderators for doing an awesome job.

I will be landing in August and have started looking for accounting jobs (am ACCA qualified) in my destination province of New Brunswick (am Provincial Nominee). However there isn't that much jobs coming out. I use mostly Career Beacon, Indeed, Workopolis, Job bank etc but just few accounting jobs on these. I tend to see more jobs in Calgary, Ottawa etc but I cant apply for because am Provincial PR.

Are thing these bad on the job scene in New Brunswick?
Old May 22nd 2017, 12:55 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THANK YOU ALL

Originally Posted by AfroGlasgow
Depends where you are in NB.

NB's unemployment rate is high but the rate in the cities is more in line with the rest of Canada.

I may have said this once or twice before but while there are fewer of the "better" job opps here there are likely fewer qualified/interested applicants.

I'm sure it's much the same as comparing, say, Exeter with London.

3plus Corporation
Old May 22nd 2017, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

AfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond reputeAfroGlasgow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Depends where you are in NB.

NB's unemployment rate is high but the rate in the cities is more in line with the rest of Canada.

I may have said this once or twice before but while there are fewer of the "better" job opps here there are likely fewer qualified/interested applicants.

I'm sure it's much the same as comparing, say, Exeter with London.

3plus Corporation
I get what you mean. Am just thinking out loud. When I search for jobs in NB I get only about 10 results and about half are financial sales or customer service.
Old May 22nd 2017, 2:07 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...When I search for jobs in NB I get only about 10 results and about half are financial sales or customer service.
Out of curiosity I just did an 'accounting' search. Yes, there is quite a range. Retail/Auto-parts customer service through to Bank Financial services rep to accountant to senior financial analyst

Tried this one? https://www.nbjobs.ca/jobs
Old May 22nd 2017, 4:53 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww thanks for the thanks! We do appreciate it!

As to your question, I know you said you have looked on Indeed, but there seems to be quite a few accounting jobs in NB on it at the moment (good news!)

https://www.indeed.ca/jobs?q=accounting&l=New+Brunswick

Have you looked into any equivalency for professional qualifications, for NB or is your ACCA recognised (I have no idea)?

Grant Thornton and KPMG have branches throughout Canada, so you could have an option to move elsewhere at some point.
https://home.kpmg.com/ca/en/home/careers.html
https://www.grantthornton.ca/careers/experienced

Last edited by Siouxie; May 22nd 2017 at 4:59 pm.
Old May 22nd 2017, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

geoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond reputegeoff52 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Just to say a big THANK YOU to all in this forum who has in one way or another contributed to all the threads that I have started.

It's been invaluable and I can't thank you all enough.

Big shout out to the moderators for doing an awesome job.

I will be landing in August and have started looking for accounting jobs (am ACCA qualified) in my destination province of New Brunswick (am Provincial Nominee). However there isn't that much jobs coming out. I use mostly Career Beacon, Indeed, Workopolis, Job bank etc but just few accounting jobs on these. I tend to see more jobs in Calgary, Ottawa etc but I cant apply for because am Provincial PR.

I am sure you have done research on NB, I would suggest you focus on economics and jobs of where you live in UK and compare them to NB.

You will have a better lifestyle not only in NB but most of Canada compared to UK, because I live in the UK for several months of the year.

The issue you need to decide is, will you get jobs good enough in NB to support the lifestyle you want.

I would not give up your job in the UK until you have found a job in NB

Last edited by geoff52; May 22nd 2017 at 6:28 pm.
Old May 23rd 2017, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Awwww thanks for the thanks! We do appreciate it!

As to your question, I know you said you have looked on Indeed, but there seems to be quite a few accounting jobs in NB on it at the moment (good news!)

https://www.indeed.ca/jobs?q=accounting&l=New+Brunswick

Have you looked into any equivalency for professional qualifications, for NB or is your ACCA recognised (I have no idea)?

Grant Thornton and KPMG have branches throughout Canada, so you could have an option to move elsewhere at some point.
https://home.kpmg.com/ca/en/home/careers.html
https://www.grantthornton.ca/careers/experienced

Thank you Siouxie as usual. The equivalency of ACCA is CPA and am in the process of getting my ACCA recognised.
Old May 24th 2017, 6:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geoff52
You will have a better lifestyle not only in NB but most of Canada compared to UK, because I live in the UK for several months of the year.
That's a bit hard on yourself.
Old May 25th 2017, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
It took me a while... then I got it.... 🤣🤣🤣
Old May 25th 2017, 12:02 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat075 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
lol