Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

tax return question - transfer of RRSP from the Uk

tax return question - transfer of RRSP from the Uk

Old Mar 8th 2015, 2:42 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default tax return question - transfer of RRSP from the Uk

Hi
I have a RRSP Contribution receipt for transfer under section 60J for the first 60 days of 2014
Does anyone happen to know how I include this in my tax return (or if should)? I am using turbo tax

Thank you in advance
Old Mar 8th 2015, 2:52 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tax return question - transfer of RRSP from the Uk

Contributions in the first 60 days of 2014 should have been reported in your 2013 tax return. You will need to file an adjustment request which you send separately from your 2014 return. On the T1adj increase line 130 and 208 by the amount on the receipt. You should also send a copy of schedule 7. Add the amount of the S60(j) receipt on line 3 of schedule 7. Take it out on line 14.

Last edited by JonboyE; Mar 8th 2015 at 2:57 pm.
Old Mar 8th 2015, 3:02 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JonboyE
Contributions in the first 60 days of 2014 should have been reported in your 2013 tax return. You will need to file an adjustment request which you send separately from your 2014 return. On the T1adj increase line 130 and 208 by the amount on the receipt. You should also send a copy of schedule 7. Add the amount of the S60(j) receipt on line 3 of schedule 7. Take it out on line 14.
Thank you very much
Old Mar 9th 2015, 7:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

dgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond reputedgagitw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
Thank you very much
See my post on QROPS and UFile for how to get the numbers into TurboTax if you need it (it's not entirely obvious).
Old Mar 10th 2015, 3:42 pm
Happy

Originally Posted by dgagitw
See my post on QROPS and UFile for how to get the numbers into TurboTax if you need it (it's not entirely obvious).
Thanks, its really not obvious at all.....