Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Suburbs around the GTA - West

Suburbs around the GTA - West

Old May 24th 2016, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

evets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond reputeevets has a reputation beyond repute
Default Suburbs around the GTA - West

Hello All,

Reading a post recently in the Australia forum, Melbourne Living got me thinking about the suburbs I have been living in during my time in Melbourne. Since I have been renting I have chosen relatively nice suburbs, all with walking distance to a main supermarket, butchers, fruit and veg stores, coffee shops, cafes etc. Easy access by train to the CBD

Some posts in the thread above got me thinking about some of the other suburbs in Melbourne and a job interview I had at the start of the year, in one off the Northern Suburbs. Which when I arrived, I did wonder if I was still in Melbourne!

How bland some them are with very little shops mainly fast food places, and very reliant of malls.
Also a large majority of jobs in Melbourne are largely centred around the CBD and surrounding suburbs, unlike Toronto which I can see has a lot of roles not based around the Toronto CBD, ie Mississauga, Markham, Kitchener, Waterloo etc.

Curious about anyone who has lived in Melbourne, could share some comparisons about what areas/suburbs would be comparable to suburbs around Melbourne. As it would help me put a picture in my head.