Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Struggling Here

Struggling Here

Old Mar 8th 2011, 2:46 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Struggling Here

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
OMG! I can't believe it is so difficult to get some help. I also feel for your daughter, it can't be easy on her either.
I'm afraid this sort of madness and procrastination goes on in every country. I'm so sorry for your Daughter, you and your family. Good luck on Thursday. Our prayers and thoughts will be with you.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Me thinks there is more to this than is being reported. Yes, Alberta Justice can sometimes seem stupid, but not this stupid.

I am amazed that Child Welfare is not involved.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

themurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud of

Child Welfare is involved.They were involved last week.I signed a 6 month custody agreement on Friday They were the ones who arranged the events over the weekend with her going to the day centre and the youth shelter.

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Me thinks there is more to this than is being reported. Yes, Alberta Justice can sometimes seem stupid, but not this stupid.

I am amazed that Child Welfare is not involved.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 6:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themurphyfamily
Child Welfare is involved.They were involved last week.I signed a 6 month custody agreement on Friday They were the ones who arranged the events over the weekend with her going to the day centre and the youth shelter.
If that is the case then it would appear that they have a TGO over your daughter and, as such, all decisions affecting your daughter will be made by the "Director", i.e., a social worker.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 9:47 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
If that is the case then it would appear that they have a TGO over your daughter and, as such, all decisions affecting your daughter will be made by the "Director", i.e., a social worker.
Hey there, how did your meetings go today with the ministers? What feeble excuses did they come up with??
I really hope it was successful for you, but knowing how things are done over here I very much doubt it....sorry for the negativity, but there have been many occasions where I felt like banging my head against a brick wall!!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

themurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud ofthemurphyfamily has much to be proud of

Well i saw the ministers today.Minister Zworzdesky couldn't make it but Minister Fitch and MLA Rogers was there and a host of executives fom the Health and Wellness Dept.
I was kinda taken a back as the meeting was mostly about our situation.
I was expecting it to be about the topics that i have said about in previous post with regards to disconnection betwwen depts and the police.
Anyway i felt that i was listened to,there was empathy i felt. There was a comment about how horrendous our story is.I didn't disagree.
They told me that they were aware of situations like ours and there were plans being worked on to address these situations.
I had worked on the premiss that they weren't aware at their level and thinking about it later,i should have said that if they were aware then why hadn't anything been put in place already.
However i spent all yesterday compiling a flow chart detailing everything that had transpired since last year with comments on t how we believe it should work but it also highlighted the pifalls that we had encountered.
I feel i had connection today but i'm also a realist and they are politicians right.
The proof as they say will be in the pudding.
As far as our daughter is concerened,she is still missing in Edmonton.We haven't heard from her at all and as i expressed today,the last person to see her was a cab driver that took her to the Youth Emergency Shelter from the Royal Alex in the early hours of Monday morning. As i said today,it wasn't a background checked staff member from the child crisis team or a cabbie that had had police checked. No.So to be honest,anything could have happened.
Who knows if she got there.As far as we know the can driver could have done anything.Who the hell knows.
The Cstble who picked her up and took her to the Alex has been left messages but has not returned any calls to the child services.

I have to wait and see now what action they come up with and give them a chance to implement.

I was given cards from these people with their email addreses. i would like to ask everyone who has been following our story, if nothing is done, would they be prepared to bombard the Ministries mail boxes with the question
what is being done about this.

I had hoped that i was going to be able to take other peoples stories with me today but no one sent me anything.

Originally Posted by fatcat65
Hey there, how did your meetings go today with the ministers? What feeble excuses did they come up with??
I really hope it was successful for you, but knowing how things are done over here I very much doubt it....sorry for the negativity, but there have been many occasions where I felt like banging my head against a brick wall!!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I have been following your thread and have been very touched by your posts. I have nothing but compassion for you and your family and would be happy to email any ministers if it helps, although as I am not yet a permanent resident let alone a citizen I am not sure if it would help. I will continue to follow your thread and send silent support through the ether, I am sure there are many of us who read this but do not feel that we have anything to say that can help except that we care!
Old Mar 11th 2011, 12:16 pm
Onwards and upwards!

fatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of lightfatcat65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Mandeville
Hi
I have been following your thread and have been very touched by your posts. I have nothing but compassion for you and your family and would be happy to email any ministers if it helps, although as I am not yet a permanent resident let alone a citizen I am not sure if it would help. I will continue to follow your thread and send silent support through the ether, I am sure there are many of us who read this but do not feel that we have anything to say that can help except that we care!
Ditto on the above.... I have no personal experience of this only dealing with those muppets at immigration and that lack of common sense is non existent.
I would be more than happy to comment about your case though if it helps, you could start a petition??
Old Mar 11th 2011, 10:50 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

My heart goes out to you both. I hope all this ends for you soon, and your daughter gets the help she needs, even if she doesnt want it. I am sure one day she will thank you.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 8:51 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

I have been following this thread too, I sincerely hope your daughter and your family get all the help you so obviously need.
Old Mar 12th 2011, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

I just want to thank everyone for the support and the kind sentiment.
We still haven't heard anything from her since last weekend and obviously we are conerned as the last person to see her was the taxi driver who took her from the hospital to the youth shelter thanks to the child crisis team How can people be so stupid. She is a minor with mental health issues and 2 pots of anti psychotic drug,and they thought it acceptable.
(I wish i'd never taken her to that place right at the begginning of all this.)

I spoke to the senior operating officer for child intervention yeaterday.
He tells me that our daughters missing persons status has been escalated now as at risk.Finally.
Still no comment from the British Embassy. Apart from the initial e amil i sent to them and having kept them informed,no one has told me that they have done anything or are doing anything.

This is the lady i have been writing to if anyone feels the need to put their view forward or has an opinion. You never know,one day you may need them and i would assume you would like them to be there for you.
Just a thought.

<snip>
themurphyfamily

Originally Posted by Beedubya
I have been following this thread too, I sincerely hope your daughter and your family get all the help you so obviously need.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 2nd 2011 at 7:30 pm. Reason: I'm so sorry, but you cannot put somebody else's email address on a public forum. People can PM you for it if they wish.
Old Mar 18th 2011, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

So here we are.We didn't hear from our daughter for until a couple of dayss ago.
It seems she had latched on to some woman.I found out this through facebook.I just happened to be looking at some of the people she had added as friends.One of the comments was "get home now"which i thought a bit strange so i added her as a friend and sent her a message telling her that our daughters visa is due to expire.
Long story short,it turns out that our daughter was staying with her as if she was her daughter.Totally bizzarre.
I toldthiswomanthat she was 15 and was she aware,she said she was.
I also told her she was on medication and she told me she knew that as well.
Today i had a message from this woman on facebook that our daughter had gone.It seems she had implemented rules and our daughter didn't think she should follow them.
She left with this womans keys and buspass and some money.
I asked the woman to phone me which she did.Turns out she is only 19 and she was trying to help as her situation had been very similar at our daughters age.She also suffers from mental health issues.
She also tells me that the boy that our daughter had been seeing and as it turns out was 23 and not 21.When she was picked up by the police 2 weeks ago on the Sunday she happened to be around an assault that took place which is why she got oicked up as they ran her name.
This guy got sent down today for 9 years today as he was the one who did the assaulting.He was taken to the psychiatric hospital for assesment.
On the way out of court which i learn from this woman,he was screaming hisundying love for our daughter and that he was going to kill himself if he didn't see her again. It seems that our daughter was there in court.
She also told this the same story as she had told the people in Boyle.That she was pregnant,nearly 18 and that we had adopted her @ 2 years old and had been abusing her for the last 7 years
I tried to get a missing persons report tonight but because she doesn't meet their protocol they won't put her on the cipik list.The patrol cars can drive right by her and keep driving as they are not even looking for her.But they will help her if they find her beaten and gangraped in an alley somwhere.Reasuring eh.
She is still out there.

I just want to thank everyone for the support and the kind sentiment.
We still haven't heard anything from her since last weekend and obviously we are conerned as the last person to see her was the taxi driver who took her from the hospital to the youth shelter thanks to the child crisis team How can people be so stupid. She is a minor with mental health issues and 2 pots of anti psychotic drug,and they thought it acceptable.
(I wish i'd never taken her to that place right at the begginning of all this.)

I spoke to the senior operating officer for child intervention yeaterday.
He tells me that our daughters missing persons status has been escalated now as at risk.Finally.
Still no comment from the British Embassy. Apart from the initial e amil i sent to them and having kept them informed,no one has told me that they have done anything or are doing anything.

This is the lady i have been writing to if anyone feels the need to put their view forward or has an opinion. You never know,one day you may need them and i would assume you would like them to be there for you.
Just a thought.

<snip>
themurphyfamily

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 2nd 2011 at 7:31 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

She has been picked up by child services.She will be with them until Friday at least.
We got a call from the services on Friday and had to go and sign the protective order.
We were lucky as she was about to walk just as we got there.My wife had to keep her talking until the police arrived.
She told my wife whats been happening and my hair has gone even whiter.
Our daughter and her lawyer(can you believe it) are going to court on Tues to appeal and i just hope the Child Services has enough to convince the judge that she should have the full 20 days.At least she will then get the assessment and we will know and she will know just exactly what she has.(if anything)The choices are up to her after that.

So here we are.We didn't hear from our daughter for until a couple of dayss ago.
It seems she had latched on to some woman.I found out this through facebook.I just happened to be looking at some of the people she had added as friends.One of the comments was "get home now"which i thought a bit strange so i added her as a friend and sent her a message telling her that our daughters visa is due to expire.
Long story short,it turns out that our daughter was staying with her as if she was her daughter.Totally bizzarre.
I toldthiswomanthat she was 15 and was she aware,she said she was.
I also told her she was on medication and she told me she knew that as well.
Today i had a message from this woman on facebook that our daughter had gone.It seems she had implemented rules and our daughter didn't think she should follow them.
She left with this womans keys and buspass and some money.
I asked the woman to phone me which she did.Turns out she is only 19 and she was trying to help as her situation had been very similar at our daughters age.She also suffers from mental health issues.
She also tells me that the boy that our daughter had been seeing and as it turns out was 23 and not 21.When she was picked up by the police 2 weeks ago on the Sunday she happened to be around an assault that took place which is why she got oicked up as they ran her name.
This guy got sent down today for 9 years today as he was the one who did the assaulting.He was taken to the psychiatric hospital for assesment.
On the way out of court which i learn from this woman,he was screaming hisundying love for our daughter and that he was going to kill himself if he didn't see her again. It seems that our daughter was there in court.
She also told this the same story as she had told the people in Boyle.That she was pregnant,nearly 18 and that we had adopted her @ 2 years old and had been abusing her for the last 7 years
I tried to get a missing persons report tonight but because she doesn't meet their protocol they won't put her on the cipik list.The patrol cars can drive right by her and keep driving as they are not even looking for her.But they will help her if they find her beaten and gangraped in an alley somwhere.Reasuring eh.
She is still out there.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

Mandeville is an unknown quantity at this point

So pleased to hear that for now she is safe.
Old Mar 21st 2011, 10:48 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Goods news that she is safe. I hope you have a better out come from the hearing this time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.