Reload this Page >

Software testing jobs in Canda

Software testing jobs in Canda

Old Oct 4th 2015, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Honey134 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Software testing jobs in Canda

Hello people out there!

I am new to this forum and this is my first post here!

I am looking for a testing profile job in Canada. Can anyone suggest me on how should I start the search?

Apart from Canada, is there a possibility of getting a job in New Zealand?

Thanks.

Last edited by Honey134; Oct 4th 2015 at 8:49 am.
Old Oct 4th 2015, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Software testing jobs in Canda

Finding Job Opportunities-Canada : British Expat Wiki

Do you already have a visa?

New Zealand forum is -> New Zealand - British Expats
Old Oct 4th 2015, 9:52 am
Just Joined

No.
Old Oct 4th 2015, 11:34 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Are you talking about QA (Quality Assurance) testing jobs? I ask as that's what I do, but I didn't start out at it as a temporary worker. Look at the links posted and see if you find any jobs that you would have the requirements for, then see if you can actually get a work permit for it (Find out if you need a work permit to work in Canada).

I am quite possibly wrong, but I suspect you might not qualify to get a work permit as the job isn't skilled enough. If you were managerial or higher level, or had some specialized knowledge then perhaps you may qualify.
I know one of the first questions that is asked when we interview people is if they are authorized to work in Canada.
Old Oct 4th 2015, 11:49 am
Just Joined

I am currently working as an System Integration tester. Besides this, I have been working as a Functional tester as well.

If I talk about experience, then it is more than 3 years now. Well, at this point in time, I am really not sure about getting a work permit. However, I want to put in all efforts to get a job there as it is my aspiration.

Thanks for sharing the information!
Old Oct 4th 2015, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

A quick Job Bank search might give you an idea:

Results - Job Search - Job Bank
Old Oct 4th 2015, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

KuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond reputeKuroKuro has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in software QA, but the specific industry which I work pretty much only hires people as contractors to start with (which you can then work up to full time after a few years if you're good). Contract work cannot be used as the basis to get a work permit on its own, so you will have to consider that when looking into what routes you can apply for. The company I work for will also not even interview people that are not in the country.

I'm currently in Canada on IEC... Not sure if you're under 30, which you need to be to qualify, but it's one of the easiest routes in. Once you have that and you get here, it's just a matter of networking & bombarding everywhere you can find with resumes. It's hard, but I wouldn't say that it's much more difficult that getting a job in the UK. Just a little different.
Old Oct 5th 2015, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

Okay! This information was helpful. Thanks you for sharing this!

Well, I am under 30.

Do you by any chance know about the consultancies who help you with VISA and other related stuff? I have heard people settling in abroad with the help of consultancies.
Old Oct 5th 2015, 5:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Honey134
Well, I am under 30.
You might find you can't apply for IEC as you're in India (it's not a country that has that program), but if you can give us more info about your nationality then we can help.

Originally Posted by Honey134
Do you by any chance know about the consultancies who help you with VISA and other related stuff? I have heard people settling in abroad with the help of consultancies.
Most don't bother, but if you do decide to use a consultant make sure they are licensed and registered with ICCRC. They can't help you 'settle in abroad' by the way, they just deal with visa paperwork.

HTH.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 5th 2015 at 5:47 pm.