Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

snail mail passport application

snail mail passport application

Old Jan 20th 2015, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

ethan2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default snail mail passport application

is it mandatory to apply for your passport online?

or is it possible to download the forms and send them by mail without applying online?
Old Jan 20th 2015, 7:50 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: snail mail passport application

Originally Posted by ethan2
is it mandatory to apply for your passport online?

or is it possible to download the forms and send them by mail without applying online?
Of course it is, it is all in the Passport website how to do it.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 8:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Aviator
Of course it is, it is all in the Passport website how to do it.
i think perhaps, as in my other thread, you believe i am applying for a canadian passport when, in fact, i am applying for a british passport from overseas.

some searches have indicated that if living in britain its not necessary to apply online but it is so if living abroad.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

Quiche2329 is an unknown quantity at this point

I renewed mine a few years but I happened to be back in Scotland for a visit so just did it then..

But if you want to post the application in you could send the completed application to a friend/relative back in the UK then get them to post it in for you.

When I looked into before knowing I was going to be in the UK for a visit I'm sure there was somewhere in Washington you could post it to if you were over in Canada, might be completely wrong.

Try emailing or calling the British Passport office they should be able to advise.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Quiche2329
I renewed mine a few years but I happened to be back in Scotland for a visit so just did it then..

But if you want to post the application in you could send the completed application to a friend/relative back in the UK then get them to post it in for you.

When I looked into before knowing I was going to be in the UK for a visit I'm sure there was somewhere in Washington you could post it to if you were over in Canada, might be completely wrong.

Try emailing or calling the British Passport office they should be able to advise.
mailing it to a friend or relative is a good idea, cheers.

i've phoned numerous times to the passport office and four consuls - only phone prompts. not sure if there are any human beings working for the government anymore
Old Jan 20th 2015, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Quiche2329
Out of date info (Washington) .

All renewals now go to/through the UK.
Old Jan 20th 2015, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Out of date info (Washington) .

All renewals now go to/through the UK.
do you know if renewals can only be done only online, Shirtback?
Old Jan 20th 2015, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

palmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to beholdpalmerq is a splendid one to behold

doing it online is really easy and I think it makes the whole thing a bit quicker too,I just renewed mine last month and it took em about 2 weeks to get it back out to me from the date they received it.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

What is the problem doing it online??

Even if you do it online, you still need to mail in the paperwork (you will have to send your old passport back to the UK Passport office and send in new photos anyway) so you might as well skip the part of sending it to a friend and them sending it in.....just remember to mail it with tracking info.

Everything now goes to Durham, UK....like someone else said, Washington is out of date info.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

And the website says;

You must apply and pay for your passport online.

So I guess that answers your question
Old Jan 21st 2015, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Quiche2329 is an unknown quantity at this point

I knew the Washington info might have been out of date as I did mention it was a few years ago I did it..
Old Jan 21st 2015, 11:42 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

I just got mine back in 3 weeks from start to finish and that was over Christmas too, super easy online!!
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 7:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently. I've had a quick look, & can't find a snail mail option (I could be wrong), but why would you/do you need snail mail?
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Shirtback
Apparently. I've had a quick look, & can't find a snail mail option (I could be wrong), but why would you/do you need snail mail?
perhaps via snail mail i could pay using a certified cheque or money order
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 9:59 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

perhaps via snail mail i could pay using a certified cheque or money order
I assume there's a compelling reason why you don't have a credit card or even a Visa debit card? Prepaid is OK too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.