Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Shipping goods over to Toronto, Canada from London, UK...

Shipping goods over to Toronto, Canada from London, UK...

Old Sep 9th 2011, 9:09 am
Just Joined

SelinaOsib is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping goods over to Toronto, Canada from London, UK...

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to do as much research as possible on taking my things abroad and getting the best quotes - it will just the things from my room (excluding furniture) and should weigh roughly around 300kg in total.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best and cheapest air frieght/shipping company as I wanted to start early and send things from London before I arrive (also is this possible as I know when I land I have to fill out out a goods accompanying and goods to follow form?).

I was thinking of just taking additional luggages on the day I move as it is only £30 for £23kg.

Can anyone advise on the best way to move things abroad and if there is anything I need to complete or border/tax restrictions I may face if I ship things early?

Old Sep 9th 2011, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Mhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Shipping goods over to Toronto, Canada from London, UK...

Originally Posted by SelinaOsib
Hi Everyone,

I am trying to do as much research as possible on taking my things abroad and getting the best quotes - it will just the things from my room (excluding furniture) and should weigh roughly around 300kg in total.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend the best and cheapest air frieght/shipping company as I wanted to start early and send things from London before I arrive (also is this possible as I know when I land I have to fill out out a goods accompanying and goods to follow form?).

I was thinking of just taking additional luggages on the day I move as it is only £30 for £23kg.

Can anyone advise on the best way to move things abroad and if there is anything I need to complete or border/tax restrictions I may face if I ship things early?

Hi Selina

There is a thread currently on the main page regarding this, take a look
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731353.

Hope this helps

Mhut
Old Sep 12th 2011, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

SelinaOsib is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - the thread was helpful!
Old Sep 13th 2011, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Mhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the roughMhut is a jewel in the rough

You are welcome