Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Scotia bank QROPS certificate

Scotia bank QROPS certificate

Old Apr 24th 2015, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

Amaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud of
Default Scotia bank QROPS certificate

Hi, all.

I and my wife are trying to transfer our NHS pensions to Canada.

I sent all paperwork for to NHS pensions which included Rrsp account details, qrops number and qsm id etc from Scotia bank.

NHS pensions is asking for HMRC Qrops certificate from scotia bank.

The branch of scotia bank ( in Calgary), I'm dealing with, is not aware of what HMRC QROPS certificate is!

The branch manager has contacted their investment support team for help.

What should I do?

Has anyone, in this forum, been in similar situation?

I'll be grateful for your advise.

Btw, I've fired an SOS message away to Mark Walker (Stirling advisory) and awaiting his reply.
Old Apr 25th 2015, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scotia bank QROPS certificate

Scotia didn't send our certificate either and I seem to remember someone else having the same issue on this forum
Don't worry, their central investment people do have the certificate and will send it!
Old Apr 25th 2015, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

Amaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud ofAmaresh has much to be proud of

Thanks for replying and reassurance.
This forum is great.
Old Apr 25th 2015, 2:20 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

Said the same in your PM. Scotia has a team at head office that deal with QROPS and they have the certificate. Tell your manager that and he'll figure it out.

Bear in mind there was a change in the rules recently on QROPS eligibility on public sector pensions. You may not be entitled to transfer it as of April 1st 2015.

I don't remember the details but there were a few threads floating around about it here.
Old Apr 25th 2015, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. I and my wife managed to send all papers for transfer sans the certificate before 5th April. Now NHS pensions has asked Scotia bank to send them the certificate to initiate transfer.
Old Apr 27th 2015, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amaresh
Hi, all.

I and my wife are trying to transfer our NHS pensions to Canada.

I sent all paperwork for to NHS pensions which included Rrsp account details, qrops number and qsm id etc from Scotia bank.

NHS pensions is asking for HMRC Qrops certificate from scotia bank.

The branch of scotia bank ( in Calgary), I'm dealing with, is not aware of what HMRC QROPS certificate is!

The branch manager has contacted their investment support team for help.

What should I do?

Has anyone, in this forum, been in similar situation?

I'll be grateful for your advise.

Btw, I've fired an SOS message away to Mark Walker (Stirling advisory) and awaiting his reply.

Hi Amaresh ,

I have sent you an example of what the QROPS certificate would look like. Take this into Scotia and hopefully somebody will point you in the right direction.

Good luck with the transfer.

Mark
Old Apr 29th 2015, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

CDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond reputeCDNReturner has a reputation beyond repute

I understand that there is not a specific department for QROPS at Scotia Bank......the RRSP department handles at HQ.
Old Apr 29th 2015, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

The branch manager sought help from his central investment team but they all are clueless
Old Apr 29th 2015, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, Mark. I've forwarded that sample to the branch manager