Reload this Page >

Schooling on Temp Visa

Schooling on Temp Visa

Old Apr 24th 2016, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

aja424 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Schooling on Temp Visa

Hi,
I'm currently in the process of having my skills assessed as a psychiatric nurse and hoping to secure a job in Alberta on a Temporary work permit.
If successful, will my boys be able to attend school on this permit and will I have to pay?
Eldest is currently 7 and youngest 2.
Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 24th 2016, 10:04 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schooling on Temp Visa

Originally Posted by aja424
Hi,
I'm currently in the process of having my skills assessed as a psychiatric nurse and hoping to secure a job in Alberta on a Temporary work permit.
If successful, will my boys be able to attend school on this permit and will I have to pay?
Eldest is currently 7 and youngest 2.
Thanks in advance.
Hello!

How exciting! I wish you lots of luck with your assessment and potential move.

In answer to your question, your eldest boy will be able to attend school and you won't have to pay (unless you chose to send them to an internation school or similar, for instance). You would obtain a 'Visitor Record' which would be valid for the same amount of time as your TWP. Your youngest would also get a Visitor Record, however, wouldn't attend school until he is a rising 6, as far as I am aware.

There would be expenses regarding schools but the actual schooling is free.

You can read more on schooling here: Category:Education-Canada : British Expat Wiki