Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Salary guide BC and Ontario - Engineering Operations Manager

Salary guide BC and Ontario - Engineering Operations Manager

Old Oct 31st 2017, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

David198 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salary guide BC and Ontario - Engineering Operations Manager

Hi, looking for some advice as I am talking to a potential employer in Canada. I have been asked to provide my salary expectations, the role I am being interviewed for is a engineering operations manager. Can anyone recommend some accurate websites for salary guides? The role will be based in BC or Ontario.

Many Thanks,

Dave
Old Oct 31st 2017, 4:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Salary guide BC and Ontario - Engineering Operations Manager

Hi, welcome to BE.

Not sure about websites for salary guides, but if it helps then assuming the NOC code is 0211, the minimum hourly rate they'll have to pay you for the LMIA to be granted is $50.75 in BC. So using that as a rough guide (which is supposed to be the average wage for that NOC), that would give you $105,560. It's a little bit less in ON, but only by a few cents. https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/LMI_report...ortOption=wage

But that really is the minimum, you'd want to aim for more than that, hopefully those in a similar industry will see your thread and be able to give you an idea of a decent salary - I'll add to your thread title just so those in the know will be more likely to spot it.

Best of luck.
Old Oct 31st 2017, 4:48 pm
Just Joined

David198 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Salary guide BC and Ontario - Engineering Operations Manager

I appreciate engineering roles can be very diverse and can affect the salary.

My role will be managing service and operations for a fleet of gas engines that provide power and heat to the client. The role would be planning and managing service technicians to maintain the uptime of the fleet. In the UK this would sit in the £45k to £60k region depending on size and number of contracts.