Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Royal oak calgary

Royal oak calgary

Old Sep 14th 2014, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Leeisaac1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Royal oak calgary

Anyone living in royal oak calgary, I'm looking at the red haus development. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2014, 1:30 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal oak calgary

Nice pint as I recall.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know the development, and don't know what you are looking for, but it's a Calgary community on the edges of the suburbs. It's newish, clean, safe, with regular buses and the newly opened end-of-the-line Tuscany LRT station close by.

It's well situated with good road links to commute to almost anywhere but I wouldn't live there and commute to the far southwest. It's good for the airport, mountains, and shopping in any direction.

It's kinda boxy burbs with houses close together and the prices are high and keep rising. It's a "nice" area.

I don't know about schools. It seems too new to have any of its own yet, so I'm presuming a minimum of half hour or more bus journeys for kids into other communities.

Could do worse.

Edit: I see the development is a condo. If you are young free and single and looking for some action and a social life, this would be very quiet. The whole community is very single family dwellings. You could get a Starbucks or a beer or see a movie,, but you'd travel to have a proper night out. However, if you are looking for quieter, then go for it.

Last edited by ann m; Sep 14th 2014 at 2:03 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2014, 2:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

gryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond reputegryphea has a reputation beyond repute

I think the condos re all at the top of the community, so nowhere near the C train.

We lived in Royal Oak for a year a couple of years ago. I didn't like it . its very cookie cutter and because it didn't have a community centre it seemed devoid of atmosphere, whereas some of the newer burbs have a lot more going on if they have a community centre.

But the whole of the top part of Royal Oak has seen increased development recently and so there is a lot of shopping, a few restaurants and cafes now. It will be quite near the new rec entre when its built.

I also find the access in Royal Oak annoying as there is no direct way out to Crowchild; probably not so annoying for you living near the top. RO at the top is probably one of the snowier parts of Calgary.

I'd say, depends what you want from where you live. But I would prefer the condos in Arbor Lake, near C train, nearer amenities, nearer more restaurants and near Cineplex. Plus lake gig
Old Sep 14th 2014, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Leeisaac1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay thanks for your help, my other choice was arbour lake so I think I'll go with that
Old Sep 14th 2014, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

If you want snow in September, by all means, move to Calgary. If not, consider elsewhere