Reload this Page >

Rentals vancouver island

Rentals vancouver island

Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:46 am
Just Joined

Confusedmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rentals vancouver island

Hi,

We are planning on moving to Vancouver island in July, I have been looking at Duttons and used vic for rentals, are there any others worth looking at?

We are not to fussed where the house is area wise our only requirement is its no more than 45mins away from Esquimalt harbour (approx. area) but this is flexible and I need to be able to have access to an elementary school and a grocery store without requiring a car. We are leaning towards sooke purely as its cheaper so we can save for PR but we are open to everything. Just need a house and can always move after a year when we know more.

The plan we have at the moment is come over end of June to view houses and hopefully secure one for Aug 1st, does that sound about right (will houses for august be listed in June?)

Thank you
Amy
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 9:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rentals vancouver island

www.padmapper.com is one I've always thought was pretty good - they have a walkscore thing that you can see where the nearest school/shop/coffee place etc., is. You could also try Kijiji: or craigslist - but be wary as there are a lot of scams. www.realtor.ca also has rentals.

As to area, I'll leave that to others who are in that region but this blog post might be of help. How to find a place to live in Vancouver There's lots of posts on BE about Vancouver so a quick search might be of use to you https://www.google.ca/search?q=vanco...tishexpats.com

Just editing to add http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Vancouver as it has a description of each area that you might find of use.

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 22nd 2016 at 9:58 pm.
Old Apr 22nd 2016, 9:56 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confusedmum
Hi,

We are planning on moving to Vancouver island in July, I have been looking at Duttons and used vic for rentals, are there any others worth looking at?

We are not to fussed where the house is area wise our only requirement is its no more than 45mins away from Esquimalt harbour (approx. area) but this is flexible and I need to be able to have access to an elementary school and a grocery store without requiring a car. We are leaning towards sooke purely as its cheaper so we can save for PR but we are open to everything. Just need a house and can always move after a year when we know more.

The plan we have at the moment is come over end of June to view houses and hopefully secure one for Aug 1st, does that sound about right (will houses for august be listed in June?)

Thank you
Amy
If you have to commute every day to Esquimalt, you might find Sooke a little out of the way. The Sooke Rd can get pretty busy during "rush hour". We lived out there for a while, but we found the trip into Langford - from where you could start your journey - a bit tedious. Do you want rural or urban? Metchosin is rural, Colwood, Langford, The Gorge, more urban,
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

snoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond reputesnoopdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Be very careful! I read this earlier today:

Victoria renters warn of scams in hot housing market - British Columbia - CBC News
Old Apr 23rd 2016, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

Most people use Used Victoria

Real Estate Rentals in Victoria, BC

I've just read your post again, and you said you had already looked on used victoria. Apologies. It is the most commonly used. There is a shortage of good rentals right now. Keep looking as often as you can. Good Luck.

Last edited by charlottyb; Apr 23rd 2016 at 1:55 am.