Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Relocation / moving services and Visa questions

Relocation / moving services and Visa questions

Old Aug 14th 2017, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Gezzadubai is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Relocation / moving services and Visa questions

Hi Everybody....Thank you for your patience with me being new to this...;-)

So to try to be short myself, my partner & my friend have the possibility of moving from Dubai to Canada to work for a well established removals company in Canada.
My questions would be...How is the market in Canada for relocation...would you say the market is bouyant?
Is there a lot of moving domestically within Canada?
Finally my partner is from Kenya and my friend will come with his family (indian) .... would there be any restrictions / difficulties with Visas perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

Gezza
Old Aug 14th 2017, 7:18 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation / moving services and Visa questions

What visa do you all intend to migrate on?
Old Aug 14th 2017, 7:50 am
Just Joined

we will leave our residents visa in Dubai and arrive on a work visa I am assuming?
Old Aug 14th 2017, 9:48 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gezzadubai
we will leave our residents visa in Dubai and arrive on a work visa I am assuming?
What work visa do you think you qualify for which will allow you to move to Canada?
Old Aug 14th 2017, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Hi Dorothy.
I wasn't aware there are different kinds of work visas...(I guess I should have researched but this has all come about pretty fast so I am still working on it ;-) )

I guess we will be going straight into full time employment so which ever visa will cover that....we are not travelling / students and aim to get a rented apartment before we arrive.

Hope this helps give a clearer picture?
Old Aug 14th 2017, 10:30 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dorothy.
I wasn't aware there are different kinds of work visas...(I guess I should have researched but this has all come about pretty fast so I am still working on it ;-) )

I guess we will be going straight into full time employment so which ever visa will cover that....we are not travelling / students and aim to get a rented apartment before we arrive.

Sorry, but you do need to research the requirements to get a work visa, it's not just a case of applying and going, reading all this may just help you.

Category:Canada : British Expat Wiki
Old Aug 14th 2017, 10:39 am
Still alive

Hi Dorothy.

No, it doesn't make if clearer. There are many types of visa that cover full time work, so which one will you be applying for?

Where in Canada is this job offer? And why can't your potential employer find a Canadian to do the job?

Before you get your hopes up about moving to Canada you will need to go to the CIC website and see whether you/your new employer are eligible. Work in Canada
Old Aug 14th 2017, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

As stated it really isn't as simple as that to move to Canada and work.

In general it is only possible to get a work permit (which implies temporary status) if you are highly skilled and/or do work that an employer cannot find a Canadian to do. In the removals industry I would suggest that this is going to be hard unless you are a senior manager or similar.

Are you organizing the move or is this being arranged through an employer?
Old Aug 15th 2017, 5:23 am
Just Joined

Hi .....
Thanks for the comments...

The company will be arranging the move and we will be entering on managerial level (Business dev & Pricing manager)
Old Aug 15th 2017, 6:17 am
Still alive

Hi .....
Thanks for the comments...

The company will be arranging the move and we will be entering on managerial level (Business dev & Pricing manager)
But what visa!?! Are you already a business development manager? Can the company prove that there is nobody in Canada who can do this role? Do they have a LMIA?
Old Aug 15th 2017, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
But what visa!?! Are you already a business development manager? Can the company prove that there is nobody in Canada who can do this role? Do they have a LMIA?
Or is it the same company as you currently work for? Are they pursuing a ICT work permit?
Old Aug 15th 2017, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Collie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond repute

We don't want to sound negative, but just because YOU want to relocate to Canada and YOUR COMPANY wants you to relocate to Canada there is absolutely no guarantee that you will be permitted to do so... unfortunately!
Old Aug 15th 2017, 4:33 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everybody....Thank you for your patience with me being new to this...;-)

So to try to be short myself, my partner & my friend have the possibility of moving from Dubai to Canada to work for a well established removals company in Canada.
My questions would be...How is the market in Canada for relocation...would you say the market is bouyant?
Is there a lot of moving domestically within Canada?
Finally my partner is from Kenya and my friend will come with his family (indian) .... would there be any restrictions / difficulties with Visas perhaps?

Thanks in advance.

Gezza
You friend would need his own visa unfortunately.
Do you currently work for the company you are looking to work in Canada for. You are trying to be short, but unfortunately are giving far too little information for people to be able to help you.