Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Refunds??? 2 x ROLF is this avoidable??

Refunds??? 2 x ROLF is this avoidable??

Old Oct 14th 2001, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

lukedulaq is an unknown quantity at this point

I have got the visa but am not able or ready to come right now to Canada. Very soon the 183 day rule will apply and I will no longer have PR status.

I am doing this consciously because my present job is involving me in some interesting work right now and although my desire to go to Canada has not diminished, I think I should stick it out right now where I am.

My question concerns my re-application for PR. I have started the whole process again - I am prepared to repay the sums involved if I really have to. BUT is there any possibility of transferring the ROLF fees or the processing fees that I have already payed to my next application?

I obtained my visa through the CSQ Quebec provincial application process (which is longer and more expensive than the federal route)

Besides the money question - do any of you experts think that my second application will be considered in any other way because I am reapplying or will the same points evaluation still apply. Is it considered suspisciously unorthodox to apply, then choose not to come, then to reapply. The whole process takes so long that in the processing time as is my case, my whole situation has changed. My reasons for going 2 years back are no longer the same ones I have now. 2 years ago I would have been an economic migrant, now I will choose Canada by qualitatvie preference.

Anyway - Good luck to anybody who is making the leap right now and thank you for any responses to my question.

Lukedulaq
Old Oct 14th 2001, 10:50 pm
Andrew Miller

Application processing fees are non-refundable, regardless of the outcome of the
application. Only ROLF may be refunded if you haven't use your visa, but if you
have used your immigration visa and landed in Canada then there is no way for
refund of ROLF.

But what do you mean by "soon the 183 day rule will apply"? If you haven't used your
visa, not landed in Canada and thus didn't become Canadian PR then the 183 days rule
doesn't apply to you at all. You must land in Canada before the expiration date of
your visa - if you don't do it then you must re-apply if still interested in settling
in Canada.

If you landed and left without establishing your residency in Canada and have no
means and intentions settle permanently here at this time then you will be deemed to
have abandoned Canada and will have to re-apply for immigration visa again. All fees
will have to be paid again. Also your intentions will be questioned during new
application process.

--

../..

Andrew Miller Immigration Consultant Vancouver, British Columbia email:
[email protected] (delete REMOVE and INVALID from the above address before
sending email)

>
    >
    >
    >
    >