Quebec?

Old Dec 14th 2010, 8:58 am
Dan Marsden

Muqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to all
Default Quebec?

Was wondering... any expats in Quebec???

I used to live in Toronto, then lived for a number of years in the Middle East. Recently made the move to Quebec with family.

Not a very reasonable location for British expats, I realize, but was wondering if there are any here??

-Dan

Edit: uh, I guess this should be moved to the off-topic section?
Old Dec 15th 2010, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

johnehsmith will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Quebec?

Originally Posted by Muqawim

I used to live in Toronto, then lived for a number of years in the Middle East. Recently made the move to Quebec with family.

Not a very reasonable location for British expats, I realize, but was wondering if there are any here??

-Dan

Im a BE in Montreal. 5 years now. Sometimes I think Montreal has too many Brits, I hear a British accent out on the street practically every other time I go out.

That being said I guess there are fewer of us here than in other provinces where English is first language.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 3:26 am
Dan Marsden

Muqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to allMuqawim is a name known to all

Awesome! I guess it depends on the area (even in Montreal, there are some regions with higher Anglophone concentrations).
Old Dec 15th 2010, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

MontrealFC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Muqawim

-Dan

yes there are quite a few of us around. I've lived in Montreal for almost 8 years now. Most Brits tend to live in the West Island & St Lazare/Hudson burbs. If you need any advice pleased to help.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

johnehsmith will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MontrealFC
yes there are quite a few of us around. I've lived in Montreal for almost 8 years now. Most Brits tend to live in the West Island & St Lazare/Hudson burbs. If you need any advice pleased to help.
Do you play football MontrealFC?

with a name like that I'd expect so..
Old Dec 16th 2010, 12:56 am
Dan Marsden

Hey guys,

I currently live in an apartment building on Guy Street, a few minutes' walk from the Fine Arts museum. It's close to work, and there are quite a few Anglophones here, chiefly because of Concordia U (and not far down the road, McGill U).

I've struggled a few times with people who don't speak much English and who kept switching to French... But it's been fairly easy so far... (I've been here a few months now).

What's the situation with English language public schools?
And anyone can recommend an English language KG for my boy ?
Old Dec 16th 2010, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

MontrealFC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnehsmith
Do you play football MontrealFC?

with a name like that I'd expect so..
Hi JOHNEHSMITH - afraid more of a touchline fan (Spurs) than playing these days.

MUQUWIM - a few tips to make life easier while in cold Montreal during the long winter.

1) Brit food options :Bramble House (Pointe Claire, Donegani)
Clarence & Cripps (Hudson Village)
IGA (Hudson village)
2) Brit TV options - www.filmon.com
or use VPN - www.expatshield.com (free)
- www.my-private-network.co.uk (5 quid p/m, recommended)
3) winter : learn to ski