Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Pros and Cons of Emigrating to Canada from UK

Pros and Cons of Emigrating to Canada from UK

Old Aug 16th 2016, 5:35 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pros and Cons of Emigrating to Canada from UK

I stand by my summation.

"There'll be no whitewash....."
Old Aug 16th 2016, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond reputeShakyuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Enough now.

Originally Posted by Tangram
I stand by my summation.

"There'll be no whitewash....."
Old Aug 27th 2016, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Traci D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
Wow, some people on this site, can be so rude....what's the point of communicating, if people aren't being respectful! (silly video not appreciated).

There are some great people on this site (Novo being one! - thank you)....
.....but, having read some of these posts, and just viewed the video clip...this site is not for me!

I left the UK, and family and friends....sold-up, gave-up an awesome career, to move to Canada...I have something to add - your loss!

Cheers and bye...i'm not coming back to this site
Old Aug 27th 2016, 5:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Traci D
Wow, some people on this site, can be so rude....what's the point of communicating, if people aren't being respectful! (silly video not appreciated).

There are some great people on this site (Novo being one! - thank you)....
.....but, having read some of these posts, and just viewed the video clip...this site is not for me!

I left the UK, and family and friends....sold-up, gave-up an awesome career, to move to Canada...I have something to add - your loss!

Cheers and bye...i'm not coming back to this site
As have probably 80% of our members in the Canada forums.

It's the nature of the beast of an online forum, a little off-hand sarcasm, frivolity, banter.. but there's nothing mean spirited meant by anything. Personalities clash from time to time and unfortunately the written word can be interpreted many ways - and often not in the way they were meant. Such is life.

Hope things work out for you.

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 27th 2016 at 6:16 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2016, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

Traci D is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Siouxie,

Thanks...yes, I found another site; so far, so good.

I agree that the written word can be taken more than one way, but some of your members post just a couple of words at a time (which can only be taken one way) and some even post frivolous video clips (also, as I see it, meant as a 'dig')...I was of the understanding that the site is meant to be informative and helpful.

While some posts were indeed helpful, friendly, and made by educated and informative people; other posts were clearly written (in my opinion) by people with way too much time on their hands, and, some of which, could do with a lesson in how to be polite to others.

Thanks for your response and well-wishes.

Cheers.

Traci

Last edited by Traci D; Oct 16th 2016 at 9:48 pm. Reason: Added text
Old Oct 17th 2016, 8:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Traci D
Hi Siouxie,

Thanks...yes, I found another site; so far, so good.

I agree that the written word can be taken more than one way, but some of your members post just a couple of words at a time (which can only be taken one way) and some even post frivolous video clips (also, as I see it, meant as a 'dig')...I was of the understanding that the site is meant to be informative and helpful.

While some posts were indeed helpful, friendly, and made by educated and informative people; other posts were clearly written (in my opinion) by people with way too much time on their hands, and, some of which, could do with a lesson in how to be polite to others.

Thanks for your response and well-wishes.

Cheers.

Traci
The video wasn't even aimed at you. But in any event, nobody on this thread has been rude at all, posting a few words doesn't mean they're impolite, maybe that's all they want to say?

I think you've unfortunately taken things personally when they weren't meant to be, as Siouxie explained there is lots of banter and sarcasm on these forums, but that's not rude or mean in any way. That's the joy of BE, a bit of British humour and fun for those that are missing it. You've certainly received great advice in other threads, so I'm sure you can see the value of this forum.

If we (the mods) do see any genuine abuse then it's very quickly nipped in the bud and the originator warned or banned, I've not seen any instance of that here so no action is needed at all.

As this thread has been going on for an awfully long time and you've just resurrected it again after a couple of months, I'll close it now and put it out of its misery.

I wish you luck on the other forum and hope it's more to your taste than BE.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 17th 2016 at 8:37 am.