Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Proof of Funds when Landing

Proof of Funds when Landing

Old Oct 27th 2006, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of
Default Proof of Funds when Landing

When we land most of our money will have been transferred to our canadian bank account.

Will proof of funds from this account suffice or does it have to be from a UK account?

Or will a letter showing how much was transferred via a currency broker suffice?
Old Oct 27th 2006, 5:49 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Proof of Funds when Landing

Originally Posted by Bsidebaby
When we land most of our money will have been transferred to our canadian bank account.

Will proof of funds from this account suffice or does it have to be from a UK account?

Or will a letter showing how much was transferred via a currency broker suffice?
Any of the above. But I've never heard of anyone actually being asked to provide proof of any description.
Old Oct 28th 2006, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

When I landed at Vancouver on the 20th, the Immigration officer only wanted to know how much cash I had on me and didn't want to see the print outs of my various bank balances.

BTW my funds were in Canadian bank accounts

Dozzzzy
Old Oct 28th 2006, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to allMrs Madmac is a name known to all

We took the paperwork which showed the international money transfer, and our bank statements.

They only looked at the money transfer stuff! Literally a quick glance to see we had organised money at hand and that was it!
Old Oct 29th 2006, 10:20 pm

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

We landed in July and the officer asked how much we had, we told them and went to get proof from our folder but she wasn't interested. (We had statements from our Canadian bank a/c)

I think we could have said millions and she wouldn't have batted an eyelid or asked for proof.

If you are asked, what you have will be fine.

Good luck
Jane