Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Victoria BC downtown: British Passport holder to witness Electoral Registration form

Victoria BC downtown: British Passport holder to witness Electoral Registration form

Old Apr 19th 2010, 4:52 pm
Just Joined

pmiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Victoria BC downtown: British Passport holder to witness Electoral Registration form

Hi! Any British Passport holders in downtown Victoria BC who'd be willing to witness my Overseas Electorial Registration form - by Tues 20th April 2010 it seems
I'm happy to reciprocate! I can get most places in Downtown; all you'd need is your passport number, place of issue and date of issue; I'll bring my passport and the form.

Thanks in advance!

Peter.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 4:12 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Victoria BC downtown: British Passport holder to witness Electoral Registration f

Originally Posted by pmiller
Hi! Any British Passport holders in downtown Victoria BC who'd be willing to witness my Overseas Electorial Registration form - by Tues 20th April 2010 it seems
I'm happy to reciprocate! I can get most places in Downtown; all you'd need is your passport number, place of issue and date of issue; I'll bring my passport and the form.

Thanks in advance!

Peter.
er, do you think there will be any airmail into the UK to get the form there on time?
Old Apr 20th 2010, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Victoria BC downtown: British Passport holder to witness Electoral Registration f

Originally Posted by fledermaus
er, do you think there will be any airmail into the UK to get the form there on time?
I was going to see if it'd be accepted as long as it was postmarked the 20th, as is the case for some forms; but yes a bit on the late side I know volcanic eruptions or not!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 4:27 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

I was going to see if it'd be accepted as long as it was postmarked the 20th, as is the case for some forms; but yes a bit on the late side I know volcanic eruptions or not!
We decided not to bother with the postal vote as it didnt seem that there would be enough time to get the voting papers and return them - even in normal circumstances.

Anyway, good luck with that.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

charlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond reputecharlottyb has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
We can do it for you! We live in Oak Bay. Would tonight be too late after work?
Say 5.30 or 6?
We are both at work all day.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by charlottyb
Hi,
We can do it for you! We live in Oak Bay. Would tonight be too late after work?
Say 5.30 or 6?
We are both at work all day.
Awesome!! 6 works for me; should only take a minute. Send me a private message with your address - and I'll do likewise with my contact details in case your plans change.

I'd better get form filling ..and I'll still be able to get that 20th postmark!

Thanks heaps!!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

ChezG has a brilliant futureChezG has a brilliant futureChezG has a brilliant futureChezG has a brilliant futureChezG has a brilliant futureChezG has a brilliant futureChezG has a brilliant future

I sent my form back to the UK a couple of weeks ago and it was processed fairly quickly so fingers crossed you will be ok.

I opted for a proxy vote as I still have family living in my old town who will be able to visit the relevant polling station - seemed the safest bet.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Victoria BC downtown: British Passport holder to witness Electoral Registration f

Many thanks to special guest witnesses Charlotte & Simon! Go Team Expat!