Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Post from Canada to uk

Post from Canada to uk

Old Oct 5th 2014, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

Miff4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post from Canada to uk

I posted two packages to two different addresses on the 27th of Aug by surface mail from Alberta to Scotland and neither have been received yet? Is this the norm to take so long?
Old Oct 5th 2014, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post from Canada to uk

Canada Post say 4-6 weeks on their website.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

colchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond reputecolchar has a reputation beyond repute

The delay might have nothing to do with the mail service (in either country) because the packages will have to clear customs which could be the cause of the delay.
Old Oct 5th 2014, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

castra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nicecastra is just really nice

There is of course a common denominator between both Canada Post and Royal Mail going from not very good at times to quite awful more often than ever before:

Canada Post once had Moya Greene running the show who caused no end of upheaval with her 'efficiencies'and 'modernisation' programme. Popular buzzwords spun by corporate supremos who claim it will make a company more efficient and give better service to Joe Public - What it really means is cutbacks which mean a lousier service to the public.

Royal Mail has gone through much upheaval in recent years with many of the above mentioned "efficiencies" and "modernisation" programmes, not to mention the highly controversial privatisation where the family silver was flogged to the institutions for pennies. The Royal Mail service is at breaking point in places due to cuts - Must keep the shareholders sweet.

Oh yes - The Person at the head of Royal Mail? One time Timmies supervisor, Moya Greene!

Anyway, in regards to the OP's packages: I hope they arrive soon. Next time it may be worth paying extra to have any packages tracked?
Old Oct 5th 2014, 7:43 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Swings and roundabouts both to / from UK. I've have a letter from Canada to the UK take two months to get there, and conversely a package take less than a week. Also had express mail take longer than regular mail as well.

From UK to Canada, similar things. I've had one package take a month or so, finally turning up with a sticker mentioning it was accidentally re-routed to Australia! Also had a letter turn up within a week, only to find it damaged and one of the items within it missing, but the accompanying photo perfectly fine. Little birdy has alleged it's due to a bit of thievery going on in a south east bast sorting office.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

Jackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant future

Hi
Just a note to say my brother posted me two parcels from the UK in February. One arrived in May and one never arrived. My brother hadn't tracked it...lesson learned. Track all parcels! He couldn't claim compensation as he couldn't remember what was in the missing one. Lovely Next clothing was some of it ...boo hoo
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:32 pm
Happy in Alberta

sms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud ofsms1984 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Miff4x4
I posted two packages to two different addresses on the 27th of Aug by surface mail from Alberta to Scotland and neither have been received yet? Is this the norm to take so long?
Last November I mailed a parcel to the UK and it took 18 weeks via surface mail haha
Old Oct 17th 2014, 1:52 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jackandvictor
Hi
Just a note to say my brother posted me two parcels from the UK in February. One arrived in May and one never arrived. My brother hadn't tracked it...lesson learned. Track all parcels! He couldn't claim compensation as he couldn't remember what was in the missing one. Lovely Next clothing was some of it ...boo hoo
Have you checked out Next Ca? Same clothes but delivered straight from store.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute

Not the whole range though Tiry
Old Oct 17th 2014, 4:57 am
Forum Regular

Jackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tirytory
Have you checked out Next Ca? Same clothes but delivered straight from store.
Yeah I knew about this site but it is still cheaper to have them from the UK, that's if they had arrived! They do say no shipping and taxes on the Canadian site but then it's just hidden in their overinflated clothing prices!
Old Oct 17th 2014, 12:53 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dashie
Not the whole range though Tiry
No, I did notice that, still better than nothing. I still have no clue where to buy clothes from. Maternity wear has saved me from this experience though. I hadn't really noticed about the prices...surely they must work out roughly the same?
Old Oct 17th 2014, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

Ive never sent anything surface mail, but I did post something airmail on May 29th that arrived in Scotland 3 days ago! It was a birthday present as well, it was a bit late!
Old Oct 17th 2014, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Miff4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had notification they have both been received, 7 weeks it took lol
Old Oct 17th 2014, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Jinj is an unknown quantity at this point

Old Oct 17th 2014, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Jinj is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.