Positive Work Experience??

Positive Work Experience??

Old Dec 31st 2004, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation
Default Re: Positive Work Experience??

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Ouch ... people call me negative ...
You negative and all this time I just thought it was that wicked Scottish sense of humour McGrouch......
Old Dec 31st 2004, 3:16 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
Actually not neagitive - just more boredom setting in.
Once you've been here a few years the memories of waiting for the visa start to fade ... I remember it as feeling like being in limbo ... mentally I moved to Canada on my first fact finding trip, after that I just didn't want to live in the UK anymore and felt like I was just wasting my time being there.

Then you get here, tail wagging like an excited puppy and you get the "oh wow, another excited immigrant" reaction when you meet people ... I guess I've fallen over that fence now and I'm in the "hey, it's only Canada" camp.

Old Dec 31st 2004, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Elhombre will become famous soon enoughElhombre will become famous soon enough
Cool Re: Positive Work Experience??

Someone on another forum got excited today. Got Medical requests after 17 months. That means VISA by the year 2020 I think. Oooooh, woopy![/QUOTE]

I have been lurking for over a year and have enjoyed a lot of the contributions (positive and negative). The above quote moved me to sign up as I felt that it required a response. I am not sure what "excited" means but I attach a copy of the posting in question below and leave you all to make your own judgements. I stress that I am not about to pick a fight on my maiden posting to this site.

Hello All,

Our med requests arrived, dated exactly 17 months after our AOR date. It would appear that the CHC conveyor belt does work (after a fashion). My guess is that there is an element of computer flagging involved (I find the exact intervals too much to be a mere coincidence). So new year, new country, new life. Frankly it hasn't sunk in yet but it is slowly dawning upon us the work that we need to do before we head out to Guelph, Ontario in July(?). Shipping arrangements, house hunting, kids schools, etc..

We wish you all a very happy new year and hope that those in line receive some good news from the CHC pretty soon.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by Elhombre
Someone on another forum got excited today. Got Medical requests after 17 months. That means VISA by the year 2020 I think. Oooooh, woopy!
The word 'me' is missing. Got 'me' excited. The year 2020 was a bit of scarcasim.

Why would you upset anyone by responding?

Happy New Year and good luck.