Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Please help me!!!!!!!

Please help me!!!!!!!

Old Dec 30th 2001, 6:23 am
Just Joined

robert101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,
I have passed the interview on Dec.4 , and completed the medical exam on Dec.14 in Thailand. After interview, the officer gave me the medical forms, and then let me make my birth certificate again (due to a small mistake). Three days later, I called them to confirm this thing, they answered me that only this certificate I should submit to. Unfortunately, when I have finished my birth certificate and sent to them, the staff said I should submit the ccpe to them, I explained at the interview the officer didn't mention ccpe, and accepted me. In fact, I applied for software engineer as my intended job, I have master degree in science. I think it's impossible to pass the ccpe, but I have invloved more than 7 projects, and published over 7 journal papers during my works. I think the officer must consider my work history at the time of interview. Now, I am in deep trouble, my classmate the same situation with me, but he needn't ccpe, and he insisted on that I needn't do the ccpe, otherwise I do it and get the negative result, the result will get worse.
I beg you everybody help me, I am in Thailnad, Phd candidate. Thanks in advance,
Old Dec 30th 2001, 3:27 pm
Stuart

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Your problem is that you called yourself a software *engineer*, instead of a
systems analyst.

The problem is that in Canada "engineering" is a restricted profession, where any
job or person that calls themselves an engineer must be professionally licensed.
Since there is no requirement for licensing in the IT/Computer field, this is
kind of crazy.

Now, what you should have done is described your profession as a systems analyst ...
This in fact would earn you more points too!

Stuart

Old Dec 31st 2001, 2:08 am
Just Joined

robert101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you very much. Actually, I think this is a good ieda for solving my problem. But I worry whether they accept my opinion, and probably let me interview again. Can I convince them that software engineer needn't ccpe? Anyway, I really appeciate Stuart's help.
Old Dec 31st 2001, 3:07 am
Stuart

>
    >
    >
    >

The problem is you can't get a job as a software engineer in Canada (at least not
with an employer who ignores the law ... or has been around since before this
silly law).

Contact one of the imm. professionalss and take their advice ... it would be worth
spending the money to try to get this cleared up ... You really should be a
systems analyst.

Old Jan 1st 2002, 1:38 am
Stalzak

In my application , I have stated my profession as "Programmer/Analyst" , thats how I
have it on most of my experience/reference letters, will that cause any problem ??

Thanks in Advance.

Stuart <[email protected]>

>
[usenetquote2]> > Thank you very much. Actually, I think this is a good ieda for solving my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > problem. But I worry whether they accept my opinion, and probably let me[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > interview again. Can I convince them that software engineer needn't ccpe? Anyway,[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > I really appeciate Stuart's help.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Jan 1st 2002, 2:20 am
Stuart

If that's an accurate description of your duties and your experience, then that's
proably what you should be going with. It's when you specify software engineer that
you could face confusion.

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]>>[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > Thank you very much. Actually, I think this is a good ieda for solving my[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > problem. But I worry whether they accept my opinion, and probably let me[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > interview again. Can I convince them that software engineer needn't ccpe?[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> > Anyway, I really appeciate Stuart's help.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> The problem is you can't get a job as a software engineer in Canada (at least not[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> with an employer who ignores the law ... or has been around since before this[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> silly law).[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> Contact one of the imm. professionalss and take their advice ... it would be worth[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> spending the money to try to get this cleared up ... You really should be a[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> systems analyst.[/usenetquote2]