Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

paying for passport without credit card

paying for passport without credit card

Old Jan 21st 2015, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Juggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond reputeJuggernaut1064 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: paying for passport without credit card

Originally Posted by xxdb
I have one of those Visa debit cards from Royal Bank of Canada too. It's hit and miss if it will work or not. Some card processors will accept it and others won't. Not clear on what the issue is but my biggest peeve with it is if it doesn't work, the payment is stuck in pending for up to three weeks till the money is returned to you.
I've never had mine bumped that i can remember BUT as i stated before i renewed my passport just before Ottawa stopped renewing them so it was within Canada. I have mi Virtual Visa Debit set up on multiple accounts no issues like Sirius for my car, Hydro etc and no problems at all.
Latest use was for a full length terry towel bath robe with a big hood from the USA and it went through instantly.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

xxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nice

Originally Posted by Aviator
You obviously have a high opinion of yourself, being 'more sensible', albeit challenged in comprehension. I did not state 'we', I stated 'one', I would have no idea what you presumed. I assumed the writer was in Canada. Without them stating what they want to know clearly, we can only guess, it could have been any passport for that matter, there are plenty of posters on here not from Britain or in Canada.
Oooh. Fighting talk. I think the person you are describing stares right back at you from a mirror. And I deliberately changed the word from one to we.
And since you're decided to take the humph and try to be snooty I'll just cut to the chase instead:

<snipped>

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 21st 2015 at 9:24 pm. Reason: Site rule 1. No personal attacks thank you.
Old Jan 21st 2015, 8:27 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxdb
Oooh. Fighting talk. I think the person you are describing stares right back at you from a mirror. And I deliberately changed the word from one to we.
And since you're decided to take the humph and try to be snooty I'll just cut to the chase instead:

<snipped>.
I can see how you believe you are so sensible

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 21st 2015 at 9:25 pm. Reason: Edited to remove quote.
Old Jan 22nd 2015, 4:27 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

OP, you've got two very similar threads going on this subject. Reading between the lines to try to understand your dilemma, I would suggest that by far your best option is to find a friend with a working credit card, get them to pay the online processing fee, and give them the cash. Then complete the online part of the process, mail (or courier) your application and additional documents with the proof of payment as the instructions say. There is no restriction on who can pay the fee, so long as the UK Passport Agency can see that it has been paid.