Pay equity

Old May 18th 2017, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

GermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond reputeGermanytoCanada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pay equity

Originally Posted by Shakyuk
$33,000 is a huge increase, if you're performing the same job then even with experience taken into account that is a big difference.

However I think it is one of those situation's where you're not going to get any joy by challenging this. Although I am sure there's routes to challenge this as discrimination; if the boss is how you say, then your life will no doubt get worse or you'll be let go at the first available opportunity.

If it were me, I'd pursue PR on my own back, get it and then get another job and move on.
Good advice as usual from Shaky.

Pick your battles - going down the discrimination line is fine in theory but is unlikely to mean you have the most enjoyable working experience, for however long it then lasts before the company find any excuse to get rid of the trouble maker.

Sometimes it is best not knowing the pay of your colleagues. Providing you are paid a salary that you are happy with and believe you are worth then sometimes it is better to be dumb and happy.

Ditch the lawyer. Get PR moving along with help from this forum and then look for another job.