Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada

Closed Thread

Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:28 pm   #1
Forum Regular

leeps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default passport request self addressed envelope ?

I have just had my passport request and 2 photos,i also need to send a self addressed envelope for return of the passport,do i have to put a stamp on the self addressed envelope ?,the thing is i would like my passport sent back to me recorded delivery or do cic pay the postage ?,may be a stupid question but i would just like to be sure
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9th 2010, 10:12 pm   #2
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport request self addressed envelope ?

Hi
We did that. Sent ours Special delivery with a special delivery pre-paid inside the envelope. Go to the post office and get them to do the envelopes for you. They will weigh contents and then do a self addressed return one for the same value to pop in the envelope with your passports. No problem. Cost under £10 for the two envelopes, but a small price to pay for peace of mind, and guarantees next day delivery. The only thing we could do was track the one going to CHC, but as we did not know when they sent the second one back, could not track that one.
lol
Stef

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeps View Post
I have just had my passport request and 2 photos,i also need to send a self addressed envelope for return of the passport,do i have to put a stamp on the self addressed envelope ?,the thing is i would like my passport sent back to me recorded delivery or do cic pay the postage ?,may be a stupid question but i would just like to be sure
Landed 24th August 2010 ...Update. Been a real bumpy ride. Decent jobs hard to find,skills NOT recognised here. Bankrupt Feb 2014. Trying to work through that, several part time jobs. Exhausting for us. Regret leaving UK.

Last edited by lins and Stef McLachlan; Mar 9th 2010 at 10:14 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 2:42 am   #3

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

we did expresspost which were large cardboard type envelopes which were both prepaid and trackable. the expresspost were guaranteed 2 day delivery within Canada (we had to send ours to Fort Erie who then couriered them to Buffalo.
we put one of the envelopes with our address in the first making sure that we removed the tracking label so that we could track it when it was returned and with Canada post you could register your email address against the tracking number so that you knew when it was returned to you. This cost us just over $50 for both envelopes.
Old Mar 10th 2010, 9:01 am   #4
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future

Quote:
i read in aprevious post a while back that cic pay for the postage so you just need to send an addressed envelope and not a stamped one. i hope this is right as i sent mine yesterday with no stamp on it!
applied FSW April 2007, AOR June 2007, Doc Request 03 August 2009. Doc sent 26 August 2009. Med request 15 Jan 2010. Meds done 08th Feb 2010. Passports sent 09th March 2010. Visas Rec'd 19th April 2010
Landed in Vancouver with the wife and dog 19th may 2010!
Old Mar 10th 2010, 5:17 pm   #5
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
They will, but it will be normal 1st class post, if you want to risk it
lol
Stef

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodpikey View Post
i read in aprevious post a while back that cic pay for the postage so you just need to send an addressed envelope and not a stamped one. i hope this is right as i sent mine yesterday with no stamp on it!
Landed 24th August 2010 ...Update. Been a real bumpy ride. Decent jobs hard to find,skills NOT recognised here. Bankrupt Feb 2014. Trying to work through that, several part time jobs. Exhausting for us. Regret leaving UK.
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:26 am   #6
Forum Regular

leeps is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought if cic would pay for the return they would send it safe and not with a stamp,surely it would be there responsibility if they returned it with just a stamp and it got lost
Old Mar 11th 2010, 12:17 pm   #7
Wibble

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't need to include any stamp or return courier. CIC should return via recorded delivery. In my case they did anyway and i've read others on here had the same service.

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Canada