Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Toronto websites and lack of information

Toronto websites and lack of information

Old Mar 10th 2010, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura aboutsnowboardboy has a spectacular aura about
Default Toronto websites and lack of information

Hey guys & gals,

I am wondering if anyone else is finding the lack of internet available information on companies and salary frustrating. I moved to T.O a while back and was interviewing fairly hard and found myself in the nice position of having a few job offers. My issues was that none of the roles had salary expectations with them and I was asked to "write down what you want" in this circumstance i would normally have gone to something like payscale and pulled of a median salary but the Canadian ranges seem to be WAY off. Does anyone have any good sites they use?

Tom
Old Mar 11th 2010, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

SMCNI1968 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Toronto websites and lack of information

Tom, I found that a problem too. Can you say what line of work you are looking at? If not, pm me, I'll try to find out.

Stephen
Old Mar 11th 2010, 12:27 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Loki117
Hey guys & gals,

I am wondering if anyone else is finding the lack of internet available information on companies and salary frustrating. I moved to T.O a while back and was interviewing fairly hard and found myself in the nice position of having a few job offers. My issues was that none of the roles had salary expectations with them and I was asked to "write down what you want" in this circumstance i would normally have gone to something like payscale and pulled of a median salary but the Canadian ranges seem to be WAY off. Does anyone have any good sites they use?

Tom
Try here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-salary-wizard.html
Old Mar 11th 2010, 12:54 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

There are the salary wizard sites (monster has one too), and also the HRDSC labour market information pages have salary statistics searchable by job and geographic area. Its a bit hit and miss, but you ma find something for your field.

http://www.labourmarketinformation.c...ain_q4&lcode=E