Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Paradise Canyon Vacations...

Paradise Canyon Vacations...

Old May 4th 2010, 12:50 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paradise Canyon Vacations...

Originally Posted by rnhuntington
I saw this thread and felt I needed to reply. I am a member over at the Paradise Canyon and the program really is great. I've gotten some amazing deals through them. If you travel, they are definately worth investigating.
Also, a correction, you do not have to have $3500 in before you can use it... At least not when I got involved. I started using it right away with very little paid in.
You don't happen to work for them or on commission?
Old May 4th 2010, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

kate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of lightkate 17 is a glorious beacon of light

Paradise Canyon, why does it remind me of Dantes Inferno

Oh to be cursed with the weight of a literary education!
Old May 4th 2010, 3:34 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kate 17
Paradise Canyon, why does it remind me of Dantes Inferno

Oh to be cursed with the weight of a literary education!
Something you don't have to worry about I guess old thing, so that lightens your load eh!
Old May 28th 2010, 7:55 am
Just Joined

LeWeez is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, it is a scam. We attended the presentation, which sounded somewhat legitimate, so we tried the follow-up one-to-one. The latter was with "Jack", the worst salesperson on earth. He was rude, evasive, and condescending. He would not directly answer our questions. I could go on and on. But in short: Run for the hills, folks. And yes, they DO sell your private information. I've already received junk mail for more "exciting presentations", addressed directly to me. Since they are a member of the Better Business Bureau (4 complaints in the year since they became members should be a tip-off), I might be the 5th complainant if the junk mail doesn't stop or if I start receiving calls.
Old May 28th 2010, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Having visited Lethbridge since the 80's and lived here for 3 years - I cant see why people would get embroiled in something like this when we have enough hotels and holiday lets already available
Old Jul 5th 2010, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

rnhuntington is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all the resort itself is great and the nicest place to stay in Lethbridge (if you ever have the need to go there), but secondly, the program is not about Lethbridge... you get access to every resort and hotel in the world at rediculously low prices. I've stayed in Banff for a week for $150, Cabo San Lucas and Greece each for a week for $200. In 5 star places. you'd have to see the program presented for it to make any sense, but it is great.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 7:13 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rnhuntington
First of all the resort itself is great and the nicest place to stay in Lethbridge (if you ever have the need to go there), but secondly, the program is not about Lethbridge... you get access to every resort and hotel in the world at rediculously low prices. I've stayed in Banff for a week for $150, Cabo San Lucas and Greece each for a week for $200. In 5 star places. you'd have to see the program presented for it to make any sense, but it is great.
So nice of you to join up and start posting just to inform us all of this , now naff off back to whatever sales company you work for.
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

michk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jericho
... so my wife got a call last week, out of the blue, and to cut a long story short, we found ourselves attending some kind of meeting/presentation today at the local golf club.

Paradise Canyon Vacations are apparently headquartered about Lethbridge (AB) and made it 100% clear they're not a time share and there was nothing to buy from them.... today.

It's essentially a "club"- you pay them x thousand dollars to join the club, and then you receive vacations/flights/cruises etc at "net" prices. Some of the examples they gave were extremely impressive.
It seems they're registered travel agents, so have access to "net" prices through their sister companies/affiliates- that include huge holiday condo companies, cruise companies, etc etc.

To be honest, I'm extremely skeptical of this kind of stuff, and I only went because they promised a $1000 travel cheque. The presentation was only an hour, so I thought it worth the risk. However, the sales guy has me very interested...

The club "prices" start at around $9700 and go up to $15k or so... but you can pay monthly over 20 years and cancel whenever you want. The basic package, that I'm interested in, would be around $40 a month.
I've booked an appointment with him to discuss in more detail, but has anyone every had any experience with this company or similar ones. For $40 a month, I'm inclined to try it for a year and see what it's like. We have 2 holidays in mind for this year and if we can save some money, it'll be worthwhile...

Anyone have any experience with this kind of deal/operation? My subconscious is screaming it's some kind of scam and it sounds too good to be true, but at the same time, I'm intrigued....
Hello

I actually received a call and my husband and I are going to an informational seminar tomorrow night. I have no intentions of purchasing anything at all. I am only going to receive the 2 free hotel nights. Did you receive this also? Anyhow good luck to you if you decide to do it. We do travel, but there is no way I am paying thousands of dollars to belong to a travel "club". Take care and good luck!
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 6:04 pm
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michk
Hello

I actually received a call and my husband and I are going to an informational seminar tomorrow night. I have no intentions of purchasing anything at all. I am only going to receive the 2 free hotel nights. Did you receive this also? Anyhow good luck to you if you decide to do it. We do travel, but there is no way I am paying thousands of dollars to belong to a travel "club". Take care and good luck!
No, I didnt get the free hotel nights.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 12:47 am
Just Joined

wannaskyline is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually. I have been doing some research of my own. I got this call from these guys last week. Becasue I grew up around the Lethbridge I was quite curious when they told me their name. I asked flat out if they were affiliated with the Lethbridge Paradise Canyon and the lady on the phone stumbbled to give me an answer. That is where I started being skeptical. I asked them where they are from and the lady told me she was calling from Winnipeg Manitoba. But the area code on the phone number was a 403(southern alberta area code)

The Paridise Canyon in Lethbridge is a VERY nice place. Yes they have had some problems with buildings and even part of their course sliding into the Milk River. But they try to have that fixed up asap and they are very professional. Yes they have an RCI timeshare system and on their website they even sell vacations. They call there travel section of the company Paradise Canyon Travel. NOT PARADISE CANYON VACATIONS.

I just got the confirmation email and it looks cheap. They have photo shopped Paradise Canyons Logo onto it and it looks bad. If you go to the actual paradise canyon website it looks nice. Do you actually think that a company with such a good reputation around their community would make up such a crappy email when they have obviously spent good money on a nice well done website. I dont think so.

This Paradise Vacations company, I would gather, is no better than one of those lame Vacation Faxes that comes across the machine once a month. I wouldnt do it....... would you?

In closing haha. If you are ever in Lethbridge give Paradise canyon a try. especially if you are a golfer. Very nice. The the housing area is clean and and cookie cutter houses adds a nice feel for the community they are trying to uphold. But this other "vacations company" I would say watch out. I am going to call the actual Paradise Canyon tomorrow to find out more info and I will post another novel for you. HAHA Cheers.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:33 am
Account Closed

jericho is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems odd that new posters keep resurrecting this thread....
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:37 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Well if that's the quality of their sales team I'll be giving them a miss
Old Sep 7th 2010, 1:37 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably because it's on the first page of results if you google the company.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 2:00 am
Just Joined

wannaskyline is an unknown quantity at this point

I found this thread today while googling the company name. Just thought I would add my 2 bits. The other posters helped me make my decision on whether or not I would go to the seminar. So thank you..
Old Sep 7th 2010, 2:12 am
Professional Cat herder

Originally Posted by Alan2005
It's probably because it's on the first page of results if you google the company.
Wow the amazing power of expats , what other companies should we bring to their knees

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.