Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Our realtor experience

Our realtor experience

Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:32 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our realtor experience

Originally Posted by Tangram
I don't get it.
well, i suppose their entire livelihood is made up of commission based sales from referrals, or certainly the most part and lots of money to be made when they get a big house to sell. in other words they have to be nice if you want to be really cynical about it.
i would say though, as has been shown on here, there is nice, and then there is over the top, bend over backwards, nothing too much trouble nice. i don't get that either, but then like you i am english and used generally to abuse, underhandedness and poor service.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 8:37 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
well, i suppose their entire livelihood is made up of commission based sales from referrals, or certainly the most part and lots of money to be made when they get a big house to sell. in other words they have to be nice if you want to be really cynical about it.
i would say though, as has been shown on here, there is nice, and then there is over the top, bend over backwards, nothing too much trouble nice. i don't get that either, but then like you i am english and used generally to abuse, underhandedness and poor service.
Quite, but I have never got to the point of adopting one.
Old Feb 17th 2009, 12:03 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Quite, but I have never got to the point of adopting one.
i know what you mean, i think people, myself included, rave about a good one, as it is generally the polar opposite of estate agent experiences in the UK
Old Feb 17th 2009, 12:16 am
never settled

S E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to allS E A N is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rae
i know what you mean, i think people, myself included, rave about a good one, as it is generally the polar opposite of estate agent experiences in the UK

There can be some nice ones I'm training to be one over here, I don't think it would help me get to Canada though
Old Feb 17th 2009, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

Settlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really niceSettlers_Unlimited is just really nice

I don't get it.
I don't get that either. Real estate agents work for such big bucks that they can afford being nice, and they are probably laughing those days on those buying when the market already went over the summit and is gliding downhill.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:17 am
Just Joined

monctonian is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll find that people who have made a career of representing buyers and sellers of real estate are very committed to their clients and their communities. And yes we provide a service for which we expect to be compensated. For me, it's also the satisfaction that comes from helping people make informed decisions about their housing needs.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:25 am
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by monctonian
You'll find that people who have made a career of representing buyers and sellers of real estate are very committed to their clients and their communities. And yes we provide a service for which we expect to be compensated. For me, it's also the satisfaction that comes from helping people make informed decisions about their housing needs.
I think that there are so many of them around that you have to work hard to stand out from the crowd - and they do work hard.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 3:46 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

This could get confusing. Monctonian is my name on another forum.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:39 am
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
We can say something with our realtor, she was great and has helped out so much that she has become a close friend
Hi, do you mind telling us who is your realtor? We are looking to go to NS.
Thanks
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

john5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nicejohn5655 is just really nice

too good to be true? then it probably is

the original post is too full of overly positive descriptions and so-called wonderful experiences (if I had the "wisdom" to guess who this particularly helpful realtor is, I'd say so)

this is not a typical "realtor" and I am not denigrating the typical buyer's realtor as I have very positive experiences myself when i visited Canada and bought our house a few years back

my comments are just a word of warning to others who may think all this, if it is true, comes free, it doesn't!!!
Old Mar 13th 2009, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

ali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant futureali-simon has a brilliant future

I would say if your " " were anything to go by you've got the wrong guy in mind. But your getting there.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 5:49 pm
Just Joined

Gerry.E is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the positive words, most people don't know what a realtor really does for their clients. It is especially true for people immigrating from Britain where the system is so different.