Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Online Wine Deliveries in Calgary

Online Wine Deliveries in Calgary

Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

EdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really nice
Default Online Wine Deliveries in Calgary

Hi there,

First foray over here, usually hanging out in Oz section of the site!

I've got a bit of an issue which I think only you Canadians are going to be able to help with as I'm completely stuck.

I'm in Australia but a good friend is getting married next month who lives in Calgary. I've decided to get a couple of cases of wine delivered to her over the next year but despite much googling, this type of thing just doesn't seem to exist in Alberta. I'm running out of time and I don't have a plan B for a wedding present that I can buy online without falling foul of customs etc.

Can anyone help? She's been a friend for 30 years and I want to compensate for not being able to attend the wedding by buying her some very nice wine to enjoy over the winter.

Edna x
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:11 am
Banned

bsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond reputebsmith has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online Wine Deliveries in Calgary

Originally Posted by EdnaAverage
Hi there,

I've got a bit of an issue which I think only you Canadians are going to be able to help with as I'm completely stuck.

I'm in Australia but a good friend is getting married next month who lives in Calgary. I've decided to get a couple of cases of wine delivered to her over the next year but despite much googling, this type of thing just doesn't seem to exist in Alberta. I'm running out of time and I don't have a plan B for a wedding present that I can buy online without falling foul of customs etc.

Can anyone help? She's been a friend for 30 years and I want to compensate for not being able to attend the wedding by buying her some very nice wine to enjoy over the winter.

Edna x

Dear Edna

I'm afraid we don't have wine out here in Alberta, it's too cold - it just ices up.
We mainly drink moonshine whisky which we distil ourselves out in the woods. It has such a high alcohol level that it stays liquid even way down past -40.
If we can't get our hands on that, then a can of "Bud-light" with a splash of auto anti-freeze usually does the trick!

I hope you find this helpful
all the best
bsmith

wineonline

Last edited by bsmith; Aug 21st 2009 at 9:00 am.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:20 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I had trouble finding any sort of monthly type delivery but this is what I found for Alberta:

http://www.wineonline.ca/giftcards/

If they like cheese a local cheese dairy near me in BC here offers a monthly cheese delivery gift service.

http://www.farmhousecheeses.com/catalog/index.php
Old Aug 21st 2009, 12:12 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

You could try these guys and see if they might deliver.....its a new "boutique-type" wine shop that's pretty new and they sound like the sort of place that might do something like that:

http://www.martiniboys.com/Calgary/c...tore/1359.html

http://www.corkwine.ca/
Old Aug 21st 2009, 3:08 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EdnaAverage
Hi there,

Edna x
Hi Edna - a lot of liquor stores offer delivery service in Calgary but you have to be here to access the service! However corporately we use Kensington Wine Market for deliveries within the city. You could try emailing them or calling them and ask if they would provide the service you are looking for.

Good luck! J
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

EdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really niceEdnaAverage is just really nice

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Edna
Old Aug 24th 2009, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

triumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond reputetriumphguy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.willowparkwines.com/index.htm

These guys do deliveries on request.