Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

One Year return ticket with Fly Zoom...

One Year return ticket with Fly Zoom...

Old Jan 31st 2006, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Jeffy G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default One Year return ticket with Fly Zoom...

Ok, so i am heading to Canada with Bunac in July...as most of you know you have to have a return ticket for the year. Bunac are trying to fleece me for £667 for the air fare but personally i'm gonna rock it my own way. I shall not be returning to the U.K after my year is up so i want the cheapest possible air fare...which last summer was Fly Zoom...has anybody ordered a years return with this company??I've e-mailed them a few times and no-one has bothered to answer my query...so i thought i'd turn to the good folk of Britishexpats!

Any help, or infowould be greatly appreciated

Regards

Jeff
Old Jan 31st 2006, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Robbie500 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One Year return ticket with Fly Zoom...

Where are you flying to?
Rob.
Old Jan 31st 2006, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Robbie500
Where are you flying to?
Rob.
whoops sorry...Montreal!

London to Montreal
Old Jan 31st 2006, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffy,

A one way ticket on the 2nd of July costs £199 and on the 9th of July £219, both including taxes with www.canadianaffair.com. For a charter airline I have them very good and have consistently been the cheapest.

Thanks,

Rob
Old Jan 31st 2006, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Jeffy,

If you have to have a return flight because of your Visa I suggest you wait until the middle of Feb as Canadianaffair bring out there winter schedule then. And you would be able to book up to the end of March 2007 for your return flight which will be lot cheaper than £667 probably about £390.

Thanks,

Rob
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:09 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The way airlines in Canada go under, I wouldn't book with anyone more than a few months ahead :scared: .
Old Jan 31st 2006, 7:42 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

You say you wont be going back to UK after a year but where will you go?
Unless you have a visa to stay in Canada longer you will have to leave. Also without a resident visa, you may not be allowed to board/ land without a return flight. When you book a one way flight they make a note on the computer, all info you give with regard to travelling gets sent to Canada and they can scan your passport and bring up any info that may cause them to question why you dont have a return ticket. We came with Zoom and booked one way tickets, as we got residence. At time of booking I had to give full passport information for all of us etc, ( never done this with a return) and was told that this would be given to relevant authorities. As Zoom had no proof we had visas etc, they obviously had to let Canada immigration we had no return tickets.

If you book one way flights with Zoom or Canadian affair they charge one way price. Air Canada charge more than the full fare for a return!

If you plan on going somewhere else after the year say Usa / europe, look at some of the round the world flights with companies such as trailfinders etc, Prices are usually good, and flights are often totallly flexible. You have to fly back eventaully to Uk but depends on your plans?

Also if you book travel insurance, it is not valid for one way flights. Your journey has to begin and end in UK. So if you have insurance via a travel company or arranged through BUNAC for one year, check your policy!
They might also insist you have a return ticket to comply with immigration requirments and BUNACS responsibilities.

Originally Posted by Jeffy G
Ok, so i am heading to Canada with Bunac in July...as most of you know you have to have a return ticket for the year. Bunac are trying to fleece me for £667 for the air fare but personally i'm gonna rock it my own way. I shall not be returning to the U.K after my year is up so i want the cheapest possible air fare...which last summer was Fly Zoom...has anybody ordered a years return with this company??I've e-mailed them a few times and no-one has bothered to answer my query...so i thought i'd turn to the good folk of Britishexpats!

Any help, or infowould be greatly appreciated

Regards

Jeff
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gooding
You say you wont be going back to UK after a year but where will you go?
Unless you have a visa to stay in Canada longer you will have to leave. Also without a resident visa, you may not be allowed to board/ land without a return flight. When you book a one way flight they make a note on the computer, all info you give with regard to travelling gets sent to Canada and they can scan your passport and bring up any info that may cause them to question why you dont have a return ticket. We came with Zoom and booked one way tickets, as we got residence. At time of booking I had to give full passport information for all of us etc, ( never done this with a return) and was told that this would be given to relevant authorities. As Zoom had no proof we had visas etc, they obviously had to let Canada immigration we had no return tickets.

If you book one way flights with Zoom or Canadian affair they charge one way price. Air Canada charge more than the full fare for a return!

If you plan on going somewhere else after the year say Usa / europe, look at some of the round the world flights with companies such as trailfinders etc, Prices are usually good, and flights are often totallly flexible. You have to fly back eventaully to Uk but depends on your plans?

Also if you book travel insurance, it is not valid for one way flights. Your journey has to begin and end in UK. So if you have insurance via a travel company or arranged through BUNAC for one year, check your policy!
They might also insist you have a return ticket to comply with immigration requirments and BUNACS responsibilities.

Hey Gooding, i'm planning on doing my Masters in Montreal...but i shall be applying for PR as the spouse of a Canadian citizen after my Bunac year is up...my g/f lives in Westmount in Mtl. Roll on July...ba da bing!!

Jeff
Old Jan 31st 2006, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Colsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura aboutColsgirl has a spectacular aura about

As long as you pay by credit card you'll get your money back should the airline go under - it will be covered by the credit card's insurance.

Originally Posted by dotnron
The way airlines in Canada go under, I wouldn't book with anyone more than a few months ahead :scared: .
Old Feb 1st 2006, 3:23 pm
Living It!

saund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant futuresaund_cp has a brilliant future

Hi,
How about buying your single out with Fly Zoom, then get a single flex return with BA. If you have to then you can cancel your flex ticket over in Canada and get a refund.