Reload this Page >

Oakville/Toronto/GTA

Oakville/Toronto/GTA

Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

citizen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Oakville/Toronto/GTA

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I agree about jazz, although the general ambiance is nice, in an Oakville sort of way.

Do you know the Wedlakes, BTW?
yes, they are out of the lakeshore office.....never had the chance to do any business with them...yet

what street were you on in cp
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:35 pm
Vi

rossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond reputerossandvi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crosswire
Hi all.

We (my family) are in the process of immigrating to Canada, and after reading many posts we have found a hopefully nice area called Oakville, so I am going over there on Friday for a week to "check it out" to see if this is a better option for us as a family than Vancouver.

We visited Vancouver in 2003 so we know what its like there, and yes its excellent!

If anyone fancies catching up for a coffee and a chat let me know and we can share some thoughts. Would also be really interested to hear from Electricians as this is my main occupation.

Best Wishes!!
Hi
Another family for Oakville.................wow there must be more Brits there than CANADIANS.......Vi.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:39 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossandvi
Hi
Another family for Oakville.................wow there must be more Brits there than CANADIANS.......Vi.
Its a pretty big place, and there are lots of Canadians who live there too...

Oh and me....
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sarah Farrand

Oh and me....

where are you people....do i know any of you
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 4:47 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Pretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond reputePretty Flowers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by citizen
where are you people....do i know any of you

Maybe we should organise an Oakville meet up
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

wow

where abouts are you in oakville
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:41 pm
Yorkshire meets Vegas

Originally Posted by citizen
wow

where abouts are you in oakville
about a 10 minute walk from downtown
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

scjager is on a distinguished road

Hi ,
Nice to hear that your looking at Oakville, my family and I are in the process of selling up in the UK and looking to settle in the same town. My wife is a nurse who's got a job offer @ Halton Hospital. If your already looking for houses maybe you can give us an idea what price are like. Were looking for a 3 bed semi or detached if possible. I'm in the print game and will be setting up a print broking company.
Would be good to hear from you and see how you get on.
Cheers, mines a pint!
SJ
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Tisme will become famous soon enough

Oh and me....
Actually Sarah, Your posts about Oakville are one of the main reasons my DH (crosswire) is there right now (need to be careful how I phrase that! ) as you spoke so well about it. And follow-up posts by other people made me check it out even more. I did! And he's there!
He's having a great time, checking out houses, job sources, local community stuff and he loves it.

How long have you been there now?
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Tisme will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by crosswire
Oy, what you doing on my thread!!...
Can if I want...
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:11 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tisme
local community stuff and he loves it.
I think that's code for the pub!

Unless he's found the rub & tug on Kerr Street.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

hammered is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scjager
Hi ,
Nice to hear that your looking at Oakville, my family and I are in the process of selling up in the UK and looking to settle in the same town. My wife is a nurse who's got a job offer @ Halton Hospital. If your already looking for houses maybe you can give us an idea what price are like. Were looking for a 3 bed semi or detached if possible. I'm in the print game and will be setting up a print broking company.
Cheers, mines a pint!
SJ
a nice semi starts around the $250000 mark. if you pm me your email i`ll send you details of current listings and a rundown of each area in oakville.
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scjager
Hi ,
Cheers, mines a pint!
SJ
hi there, if you want details of homes i would be happy to help you by sending you current listings in oakville. ive just had the pleasure of meeting crosswire shown him homes in oakville and burlington.

yes i work in real estate
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

crosswire is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rossandvi
Hi
Lol..well you know what us Brits are like!!..We see a good place nd we want a part of it!
Old Aug 3rd 2005, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

crosswire is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: Oakville/Toronto/GTA

Well if you do, do it quick because I leave on Friday eve!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.