Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

90 day update letter

90 day update letter

Old Mar 1st 2008, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

TRAX123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 90 day update letter

Hi, we just received our 90 day update letter. It said CIC were now processing all oct 2005 AOR's.

Is it about 6 months from this point until medicals are done, roughly.

Any ideas

Thanks
Old Mar 1st 2008, 3:10 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 90 day update letter

6 months on average roughly. Individual times will vary though with some in just over 4 months and some in 10 months.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ben, at least the end is in sight
Trax
Old Mar 1st 2008, 5:47 pm
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Looking at recent cases and in particular those who received their 90 day update letters in June/July 2005, it does appear to take longer than 6 months from 90 day update letter to med requests, I am afraid.

Next week we are at 8 months since update letter (with no sign of meds). There are several others on the board who have already passed the 8 month mark and have not heard anything yet. There is at least one person on here that has been waiting nearly 12 months since update letter. Some people who received update letters in June/July 2007 heard in just over 7 months, but that was really the earliest we've seen from that batch.

Obviously, past processing times are nothing to go by (as we are beginning to realise), but to keep your own sanity, I would suggest you prepare for at least a 8 month wait. If it is any quicker, then it's a nice surprise! We are so deflated and depressed at the moment because we really thought we would have heard by now!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

DannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant future

We have moments when we think we can't possibly have much longer to wait (yes, I know, wishful thinking), but then I read threads like this...

I can't believe how long it takes from receiving the 90-day-letter to doing medicals. That could mean that we could be here for years to come if the PNP doesn't go through. I am going insane... :curse:
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there,
Thanks for replying to me. Try to stay positive, even though I know the waiting game is awful.
We started to see people who were after us in the AOR queue (AOR Oct 05) getting 90 day update letters in oct/nov last year, and that was deflating, although we were at least pleased to see some movement.

OH and I are currently in toronto on working visas. Both of us have full time jobs and good career prospects (as long as we dont get sent home) if visa expires before immigration is through.

Company have just applied for LMO on my behalf and so we have fingers crossed that that will keep the Canadian door open.

I hope you hear soon, and wish you all the best with the rest of the process.

Keep us updated

Trax
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

DannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant futureDannyCane has a brilliant future

Well, at least you are there, which is great. I should be accompanying my son later this year, when he wants to start high school in Alberta (as foreign student), but DH would have to stay in the UK, unless the LMO is approved and we get a TWP.
I am not religious, but I pray nevertheless.
Hope all goes to plan for you, too.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:52 pm
Banned

scaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the rough

Danny . I dont suppose there is a chance in a million that you are Dessie Canes brother ?
Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

No, I'm not, sorry.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:25 pm
Banned

scaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the roughscaffroche is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DannyCane
No, I'm not, sorry.
There was a famous set of twins when we were growing up . Danny and Dessie Cane ...... Cool